CA Service Management

• 1.  How to insert null value in a dropdown?

Posted May 14, 2015 07:59 AM

Hi Team,

The values in my symptom_code are binded on the values in resolution_method field in detail_in.htmpl. For that, whenever resolution method changes, symptom code change accordingly. Now I want whenver a user select <empty> for resolution method (which inserts a null value in database), value in my symptom code also show an empty field that inserts a null value in the database. For that I am using the following code:

document.main_form.elements["SET.symptom_code"].options[0] = new Option("<empty>", null);

But when I run this case, value 0 is updating for symptom_code in call_req table. Which is showing a ? when that updated incident is opened for editing.

Kindly provide the syntax that will insert a null value for symptom_code dropdown.

Thanks & Regards

Balram Singh Deswal

• 2.  Re: How to insert null value in a dropdown?

Posted May 14, 2015 08:26 AM

Hi,

could you provide full code of your dropdown?

Regards,

cdtj

• 3.  Re: How to insert null value in a dropdown?

Posted May 14, 2015 08:55 AM

Hi cdtj,

I have got the solution by hit and trail. To store NULL value, the code to be used should be:

document.main_form.elements["SET.symptom_code"].options[0] = new Option("<empty>", "");

Thanks & Regards

Balram Singh Deswal

• 4.  Re: How to insert null value in a dropdown?
    Best Answer

Posted May 14, 2015 08:53 AM

I think you should use:

document.main_form.elements["SET.symptom_code"].options[0] = new Option("<empty>", "");

• 5.  Re: How to insert null value in a dropdown?

Posted May 15, 2015 04:45 AM

Thanks Gutis.

• 6.  Re: How to insert null value in a dropdown?

Posted Jul 20, 2015 05:42 PM

Thanks for sharing this Gutis.