Clarity

• 1.  How to enable Collboration Manager

Posted Oct 25, 2015 06:22 AM

Hi Team,

I want to know how to enable collaboration manager for PM and i am using Clarity 13.3.

Regards,

Bala

• 2.  Re: How to enable Collboration Manager

Posted Oct 25, 2015 10:06 AM

The initial creator of the project becomes the first collaboration manager.of the project.

A collaboration manager can then convert participants to collaboration manager.

The it outside that rights administration.

There have been hacks discussed, but no other supported way.

• 3.  Re: How to enable Collboration Manager

Posted Oct 26, 2015 08:10 AM

Check this out, for a supported method:  Set PM as Collaboration Manager Process

• 4.  Re: How to enable Collboration Manager

Posted Oct 26, 2015 10:59 AM

I wouldn't necessarily agree that it is supported just because it is going via XOG.  It may work, and if there's nothing actually wrong currently with any of your collaboration manager or project collaboration setup, other than wanting to set the PM to be the collaboration manager, then it probably will just fine.

It is however taking advantage of a situation that isn't a regular feature of the XOG user read/write (when you read a user out, those groups are not present).  The risk is just low unless the following also applies.

There are times when the PM isn't the collaboration manager and neither is anyone else due to some other problem - and in those cases this method may cause further problems that we may not be able to help solve.  Also if it ever does not work (just the same if the UI / url was being manipulated to access those groups which you cannot naturally access through the UI alone), we would likely have to respond to say that this isn't supported usage.

• 5.  Re: How to enable Collboration Manager

Posted Oct 26, 2015 12:00 PM

Agree with your comments, Nick.  At least one is using a supported method XOG, here, vs. using a trigger and/or other types of customizations.

"Our own solution" is actually from CA, provided by Mike Hamer.  We've been running it since April 2011 without a single problem.

The only improvement I would make to this solution would be that it also remove the project creator from the participant list, as our project creators never need the emails that result from collaboration.  Perhaps this would be best run as a selection from the Project Action menu.  Then, we'd be pretty close to being back where we were with the original admin right that was removed by CA (would still like to have it back!).

• 6.  Re: How to enable Collboration Manager

Posted Oct 26, 2015 01:20 PM

That sounds like two hacks.

Dale's hack is CA approved, but still a hack if it is not done with the standard functionality availability to users.

On the other hands all kinds of hacks have been used all the time.