Service Virtualization

• 1.  Responding to a JSON req with 2 rsps spaced a few seconds apart

Posted Jul 06, 2016 04:46 PM

Hi everyone,

I have to virtualize a JSON req which has 2 responses - rsp1 and rsp2. The VSE should be setup in such a way that when a request comes in, rsp1 should be sent, followed by 10 seconds wait time, and then send rsp2. I am able to send rsp1 for now.

Also, both the responses should have the current time stamp. I tried passing time stamp through config file and parameterizing directly on the VSI, and neither worked.

Any tips on how the above 2 can be accomplished? Your help is greatly appreciated.

• 2.  Re: Responding to a JSON req with 2 rsps spaced a few seconds apart

Posted Jul 13, 2016 09:44 AM

Hi SCTrojan07, can you confirm if this question a duplicate of Responding with 1 rsp followed by another rsp for 1 req

If so, perhaps we keep the conversation alive in the linked content since several comments have been made there.

• 3.  Re: Responding to a JSON req with 2 rsps spaced a few seconds apart

Posted Jul 13, 2016 04:25 PM

Hi Joel,

Yes it is. I initially posted a question, but for some reason, I didn't see the question in the forum, and so posted a new q. If you want, I can delete one of the questions to get rid of the duplicate. Please let me know.

• 4.  Re: Responding to a JSON req with 2 rsps spaced a few seconds apart

Posted Jul 13, 2016 04:44 PM

No problem.  If you can delete this question, that would be good. 

If not, for anyone providing assistance to SCTrojan07, please post in the other question @ Responding with 1 rsp followed by another rsp for 1 req  so everyone can easily track the final solution.

• 5.  Re: Responding to a JSON req with 2 rsps spaced a few seconds apart

Posted Jul 13, 2016 04:56 PM

Hi all,

I switched this to a discussion and marked it as outdated with an updated link of the other thread to point people there. Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Melanie

• 6.  Re: Responding to a JSON req with 2 rsps spaced a few seconds apart

Posted Jul 14, 2016 11:10 AM

I didn't know how to delete the thread. But thanks for jumping in and marking the thread as outdated, Melanie; appreciate your help.

Yash.