IT Process Automation

• 1.  Activity Log update using the Change Order Update Ticket Operator

Posted Jul 08, 2016 04:02 PM

I would like to add a log comment to a Change Order when it is rejected using Process Automation.  I'm using the Change Order Update Ticket operator to change the status of the ticket, but can I also log a comment at the same time?  I tried using 'chgalg.description' in the Update Fields List, but that did not work.  For now I'm using a second operator, Change Order Log Comments.

Thank you for any assistance.

• 2.  Re: Activity Log update using the Change Order Update Ticket Operator
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 08, 2016 04:19 PM

The "Update Ticket" operator allows you to modify simple fields in a change order.  The comments, however, are more complex in that they are stored in a different table and are more than just a simple field name/value pair since there can be multiple comments, etc.  This can probably be explained better in the Service Desk documentation.  But the quick answer is that you cannot combine the call to update a ticket with the call to log a comment.   They are separate web service calls in Service Desk as well as separate operators in PAM.  Hope that clarifies.

• 3.  Re: Activity Log update using the Change Order Update Ticket Operator

Posted Jul 14, 2016 09:16 AM

What you could do is create your own custom operator for doing this exact thing.

Then call it from the start process operator on your parent workflow.

• 4.  Re: Activity Log update using the Change Order Update Ticket Operator

Posted Jul 18, 2016 02:07 PM

You can do both at the same time. Use the SOAP oprator and call the method : changeStatus

changeStatus
    (int sid, String creator, String objectHandle, String description, String newStatusHandle)
    String
    [UDSObject
    (Handle only)]

Performs an update status activity on a ticket.

Web Services Methods - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation