DX Infrastructure Manager

Expand all | Collapse all

url_response not posting alarms/QoS against correct node in UMP

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  url_response not posting alarms/QoS against correct node in UMP

    Posted 06-20-2016 10:58 AM

    I have a url_response probe monitoring multiple URLs (for different customers)

    Each customer also has one or more systems with Robots installed

    the URL Response probe is running on a robot with origin = UIM

    The url_response probe uses the profile name as the source and these appear as expected in the QoS

    we use Alarm/QoS Enrichment to change the origin (based on source name)

     

     

    The customer I'm struggling with also has (2) local Hubs with origin = LondonBS

    These systems do not have internet access, so can't be  used for monitoring these public URL's

     

    If I do a search in UMP for each URL name, the search results show the url exists as a device (sometimes more than once?)

    some have origin LondonBS, some have origin UIM some have origin Phoenix?

     

     

    If I look in SLM/tools/database status, I can see the expected QoS data for all 5 of the URL's for this customer with the correct origin

     

    I've tried remove_master_device_by_cs_id + set ci_metric_id to null in S_QOS_DATA +restart data_enginer (and discovery_server to delete and allow re-creation of all  the devices (URL's monitored)

     

    I've tried doing an import using UMP/Discovery Import al lto no avail

    The QoS data is displayed against a note that is a VM (monitored by VMware probe) that seems to share an IP Address ???

     

     

    has anyone any idea what I am dong wrong/how to fix his



  • 2.  Re: url_response not posting alarms/QoS against correct node in UMP
    Best Answer

    Posted 06-20-2016 05:29 PM

    Hi,

     

    you will probably need to open a support case as this is pretty complex problem and not well suited for this format.

    I can suggest that you increase your discovery-server loglevel to 5 and do a discovery reset again then review the logs for the correlation event that is causing you an issue.

    I would suggest also that you may want to add a discovery_agent to the client and setup a scope to capture the local systems to make sure as much information as possible is populated. This might help bring the system in properly.

     

    if the system have an internal and an external IP address this will not help.

    may need to setup a hub outside of the clients with the same origin as the client and and setup discovery_agent and url_response on that to bring this together.



  • 3.  Re: url_response not posting alarms/QoS against correct node in UMP

    Posted 06-27-2016 02:29 PM

    Might also want to try setting the source for QoS & Alarms via url_response configure > profile > advanced.

     

    url_response IM Configuration - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation

     

    Navigate to the Advanced tab to override the source of Alarm and QoS messages. If you do not enter a value in Source override field for Source used for Quality of Service, the hostname of system where probe is deployed is the QoS source. The following variables can be used in these fields:

    • $group: If $group is specified in Source override field then $group is replaced by group of URL server in source fields of Alarms and QoS.
    • $profile: If $profile is specified in Source override field, then $profile is replaced by profile of URL server in source fields of Alarms and QoS.
    • $url: If $url is specified in Source override field, then $url is replaced by url of URL server in source fields of Alarms and QoS.