Clarity

• 1.  How can Resource Manager Hard book a resource

Posted May 11, 2016 06:51 AM

I wanted to introduce Resource requisition page for my resources so that the Hard booking happens only by the Booking/resource manager.

So when I checked from the requisition page, I could find that when the RM books the resource it actually goes to Mixed State rather than the Hard book status for the resource.

So when the PM clicks on the Accept Hard allocation action then only it changes to Hard booking status.

So this functionality we do not require where PM has to make it to Hard Status...rather we wanted RM to make it to Hard book status and PM should only request for Hard booking.

Is there any possibility where we can achieve this...?

Also when a RM tries to click on Reject Button to reject the requisition nothing happens...may I know the reason behind this? Is it some kind of right issues which is not enabling the RM to reject the requisition.?

Waiting for the reply.

Regards,

Jerish

• 2.  Re: How can Resource Manager Hard book a resource

Posted Jun 03, 2016 09:47 AM

Have you tried giving the RM the Resource - Hard Book right ?

NJ

• 3.  Re: How can Resource Manager Hard book a resource

Posted Jun 03, 2016 03:50 PM

To add on to NJ's comment, if you don't want PMs hard booking, you'll need to make sure that they do not have the Resource - Hard Book right.

As to the Reject button on Requisitions, that only works if the Requisition is in Proposed status.  It is meant for the case that the

- PM creates the requisition to request a resource

- RM then adds a Resource to the Requisition and instead of using the Book button uses the Propose button

- PM would then either Reject the proposed Requisition or Book it to hard book the resource

• 4.  Re: How can Resource Manager Hard book a resource

Posted Jun 07, 2016 06:40 PM

Hi Jerish - Did one of the responses help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!