Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Need request and response in single connection

Posted Sep 07, 2016 12:47 AM

Greetings All,

I have a front end application which is sending request to Layer 7 API gateway. Now Layer7 Gateway needs to send the request to EMS queue and again I need to get the response. My query is : Is it possible to get the "sending request" & "getting response" in one connection. If yes please do let me know the way to configure it.

• 2.  Re: Need request and response in single connection

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2016 01:49 PM

Pratyush,

Good morning. As long as the time that it takes for the response to be returned is under the time limit of the HTTP read timeout from the client then this can be accomplished with one connection. The pieces that will need to be setup is a JMS connection through the Policy Manager "Manage JMS Destinations" interface to create an outbound JMS queue/topic connection that either waits on a temporary queue or a specific reply queue then in your service policy add in the Route via JMS.  Any additional formatting of the request and the response can be done pre and post the Route via JMS assertion.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support

• 3.  Re: Need request and response in single connection

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2016 07:13 PM

Hello Pratyush,

Is there any reason you have to use a queue?

I suppose the natural of a queue is for async processing, if you want to wait for response, connect to the backend service directly should be easier.

Regards,
    Mark