IT Process Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

SDM_Login_1 failed

• 1.  SDM_Login_1 failed

Posted May 19, 2016 09:13 AM

I have CA PA 4.3 and SDM 14.1 installed and integrated.

I imported Pre_defined_content and intended to use out of box process for CA Service Desk Manager.

When i use SDM Login Process or running existing Change Management process, it got failed at SDM_Login_1 step.

Please help me to resolve this.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: SDM_Login_1 failed

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 19, 2016 09:29 AM

Have you configured the Dataset, and or the Service Desk Module?

The Service Desk documentation describes this process here:

Configure SDM Dataset for Sample Process Definitions - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation

Is there a specific error message?  You should be able to look in the dataset for the failed operator and see why it failed.

• 3.  Re: SDM_Login_1 failed

Posted May 19, 2016 09:36 AM

I could not see CA Service Desk Module under that connectors. Please tell me how to get that.

Thanks

• 4.  Re: SDM_Login_1 failed

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2016 09:25 AM

You will need to get and install the Service Desk connector from the Connector ISO.

It can be found under the Download section of support.ca.com under CA Service Desk Manager.  For 14.1 you are looking for:

Process Management for Workflows - CA Service Desk and CA CMDB Connectors - 4/2014

DVD04092812E.iso

Earlier versions should be similarly named though with a different DVD value for the ISO.

• 5.  Re: SDM_Login_1 failed

Posted May 20, 2016 10:02 AM

Ya. I found and installed and configured as you said.

But still SDM_Login_1 got failed for Change Management process

Please help on where to configure if anything else

Thanks

• 6.  Re: SDM_Login_1 failed

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2016 10:09 AM

The error seems to be indicating a problem with the information you provided and is directing you to your Service Desk admin.  If you double click on the Value for the fault message it should give more detail.

• 7.  Re: SDM_Login_1 failed

Posted May 24, 2016 10:40 AM

But, SDM is up and running and i configured with correct UN and PSW.

Please help on this

• 8.  Re: SDM_Login_1 failed

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 24, 2016 11:08 AM

That error seems to be indicating that there is no service desk on the host you specified.

• 9.  Re: SDM_Login_1 failed

Posted May 24, 2016 11:11 AM

Are you able to access SDM webservices with soapUI?

Did you configure the correct webService URL in the connector parameters?

• 10.  Re: SDM_Login_1 failed

Posted May 24, 2016 11:16 AM

Yes. I am able to access with Web service URL. I am getting that page " Hi there, this is an AXIS service!" message.

I configured correct connection parameter only.

Please help

• 11.  Re: SDM_Login_1 failed

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 24, 2016 11:20 AM

Try just using the Hostname 'sw-sdmqa01' or the IP address of the server.

• 12.  Re: SDM_Login_1 failed

Posted May 24, 2016 11:32 AM

Same error is coming. Is it need to restart the service after the change of value?

Please help

• 13.  Re: SDM_Login_1 failed

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 24, 2016 12:15 PM

I reviewed all the screen prints and double checked the Webservice URL and everything seems to be setup properly.

If possible lets go back to Pier-Olivier's comment.  Are you able to access SDM webservices with soapUI?

https://www.soapui.org/downloads/soapui.html

This will help isolate the issue.  If soapUI works and you can access SDM Webservices it must be something in PAM.  Maybe the SDM connector.  If not, it would be an issue like Michael suggested with the host, URL, IP, etc.

Thank you again.

• 14.  Re: SDM_Login_1 failed

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 24, 2016 12:21 PM

If SoapUI isn't available, start with just using a browser.  Type the Service Desk wsdl URL in a browser on the PAM machine to make sure you are able to receive the XML from Service Desk.

• 15.  Re: SDM_Login_1 failed

Posted May 25, 2016 08:37 AM

I am getting XML output from PAM machine if we access SDM WSDL url from PAM machine:

• 16.  Re: SDM_Login_1 failed

Posted May 25, 2016 08:34 AM

I used SoapUI and loaded as below:

After updating the same URL in PAM, it gives same error. Not resolved.

Do we need to restart the service after changing the value on Configuration tab?

• 17.  Re: SDM_Login_1 failed

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 25, 2016 09:34 AM

Changes made in the configuration tab take affect as soon as they are saved.

What you are doing appears correct.   I would suggest you open a support case for a more hands on investigation of why this is failing.

• 18.  Re: SDM_Login_1 failed

Posted May 25, 2016 09:50 AM

After saving correct URL on Configuration CA Service Desk connector, i just opened Change Management Process from library and run that. It is failed at SDM_Login step

• 19.  Re: SDM_Login_1 failed

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 25, 2016 09:59 AM

I just realized that there is no operator called "SDM_Login" that comes with the Service Desk connector install.  Where did this SDM_Login operator come from?  Is it a web service call to SDM?  If you look at the properties of that operator, what do you have filled in on the Connection tab?

The SD connector doesn't require you to login to Service Desk before performing an operation.  Each operator will use the information you filled in on the connector screen to login to SD automatically.

• 20.  Re: SDM_Login_1 failed

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 25, 2016 10:38 AM

So we have discovered that the SDM_Login operator is a custom operator that perhaps comes with Service Catalog?  Not sure about its origin, but the point is that it is not controlled by the settings on the Configuration tab for the CA ServiceDesk connector.

If you open the properties for the SDM_Login operator, on the Connection tab there is a dataset field:

This dataset is what this custom operator uses to build the Service Desk web service URL.  In the code of the operator it looks like this:

"http://" + Datasets[M_PATH__].server + ":" + Datasets[M_PATH__].port + "/axis/services/USD_R11_WebService"

So it is substituting the server and port with the values from whatever dataset you are giving it here.  And since you are getting an error that ServiceDesk is not available, it must be pulling invalid values from the dataset.  So you will need to check this dataset and make sure the ServiceDesk information is correct.

Hopefully that will get this working for you.

• 21.  Re: SDM_Login_1 failed

Posted May 25, 2016 11:55 AM

For me, it is showing Process.Path

• 22.  Re: SDM_Login_1 failed

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 25, 2016 12:01 PM

So Process.Path is a variable that will show in your dataset at the process level.  Select the process name in the drop down in your dataset window (the one on the top right) and you should see the path variable with the path to your dataset.

• 23.  Re: SDM_Login_1 failed

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 31, 2016 01:02 PM

After following Andy's post about the Dataset configuration that ITIL content package uses,  should you still need to troubleshoot this further from SDM side, you can check into SDM's tomcat logging by executing this command on the SDM server:

pdm_log4j_config -f SDM_WEB -l DEBUG -a -s 30MB

Wait for a minute and reproduce the issue

Now NX_ROOT/log/jsrvr.log   file contains more debug information as to what exact call PAM placed into SDM.  That should give some hints.

_R

• 24.  Re: SDM_Login_1 failed
    Best Answer

Posted May 31, 2016 09:53 AM

To help everybody out here this is the ITIL Content Pack Change Management workflow process. It uses Custom SOAP Operators instead of the OOTB. The reason for this is the OOTB operators login and logout of SDM for every operator and that is unnecessary overhead.

There is a Dataset call /SDM/Configuration/SDM Dataset that contains the URL and credentials for accessing SDM. As part of configuring the ITIL Content Pack you update this Dataset. The process for doing this is documented at Configure SDM Dataset for Sample Process Definitions - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation.

Overall documentation for the ITIL content Pack can be found at Content Pack for ITIL CA Service Desk Manager - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation.

• 25.  Re: SDM_Login_1 failed

Posted Aug 31, 2016 09:22 AM

Hi  Andy,

Thanks for your inputs.

After configuring as per the steps of the doc, i am getting Configure Dataset_5270 Failed to Run 

in recent activity. Please help on this.

Thanks,

Saravana

• 26.  Re: SDM_Login_1 failed

Posted Sep 09, 2016 10:44 AM

Hi All,

Still this problem is not resolved. CA Support also not resolving the issue and facing challenge.

Still i am getting SDM_Login failed for out-of-the-box Change Management process.

soapenv:Client
    Error - Please contact your Service Desk administrator and verify that the Unicenter Service Desk server is up

Error - Please contact your Service Desk administrator and verify that the Unicenter Service Desk server is up

Please help on this.

-Saravana

• 27.  Re: SDM_Login_1 failed

Posted Sep 12, 2016 09:38 AM

Hi,

Can you try using the invoke soap method operator, you will find it in a folder called “web services”, and create your own login method.

Update the dataset values, where service url is your wsdl.

Click on dynamic parameters, and update those values with a valid user and password.

Select call results and check all the checkboxes there

Select execution settings and on post execution code, create a variable to grab the results of the login method.

Let us know if this works for you, you