CA Service Management

• 1.  SDM Quick Profile Screen intermittent issues

Posted May 06, 2016 02:43 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever seen this.  (We are running SDM version 14.1, with cum2)

Someone reported to me that sometimes after looking up a customer using the 'go resources' (example: customer by last name), and if there's more than one they select the appropriate contact from the list, the contact record displayed on the right pane of the Quick Profile screen is the one they selected, but the name on the left pane is someone else.  And when they click 'new' to create a ticket, it pulls in the contact record for the name shown on the left instead  (see screen print).

I've not been able to reproduce it, and neither can the person who reported this.  She said it happens randomly.

Thanks,

Tammy

• 2.  Re: SDM Quick Profile Screen intermittent issues

Posted May 09, 2016 09:09 AM

It is very odd.

Try clearing the browser cache from the PC where the problem was last seen

• 3.  Re: SDM Quick Profile Screen intermittent issues

Posted May 09, 2016 06:55 PM

Thanks, Brian.  I'll have her try that.  I thought it was very strange too...

Tammy

• 4.  Re: SDM Quick Profile Screen intermittent issues

Posted May 10, 2016 11:21 AM

Well, she said that she had already tried clearing her browser cache, and it still happens sometimes. 

• 5.  Re: SDM Quick Profile Screen intermittent issues

Posted May 10, 2016 01:16 PM

Hi Tammy,

Try running the 'pdm_webcache -H' command and see how long it takes for the problem to come back.

If it still comes back, I would advice you to reproduce it with the webengine, domsrvr and spelsrvr traces enabled and then log a Support Case with the trace logs attached for further investigation.

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 6.  Re: SDM Quick Profile Screen intermittent issues

Posted May 10, 2016 07:14 PM

Hi Brian,

I can try running the command, but it's happening randomly.  Even the person reporting the problem cannot reproduce it.  

Thanks,

Tammy