Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

jaspersoft access rights for save parameters

• 1.  jaspersoft access rights for save parameters

Posted Apr 19, 2016 10:17 AM

Hello,

I would like to know which access rights permission is required for the user to get the save parameter option in Jaspersoft. I know that Jasper Admin will provide the save parameters. But i am not interested here to provide the business users Admin rights access. Can anyone tell  me other option how to provide save parameters right to the users.

• 2.  Re: jaspersoft access rights for save parameters

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 19, 2016 11:49 AM

Hi Puneeth

we need to add the give Read + write to Role User for reports folder in order to save the filters. However filters saved will be visible to all the users

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 3.  Re: jaspersoft access rights for save parameters

Posted Apr 21, 2016 06:28 AM

Thank you for letting me know this. Does it will provide any additional edit permissions to users?

• 4.  Re: jaspersoft access rights for save parameters

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 21, 2016 07:40 AM

Hi Puneeth,

Yes it does.

• 5.  Re: jaspersoft access rights for save parameters

Posted Apr 21, 2016 09:03 AM

can you describe it in detail..

• 6.  Re: jaspersoft access rights for save parameters

Posted Apr 22, 2016 04:17 AM

Hi Suman,

what would be great to know is if there is any way to control where the filter is saved to:

The workaround of giving the Write right would allow the user to change the report. Thinking a step ahead, as you normally would like to manage access rights on the folder level, you have to give the Write right to the whole folder which allows the user to copy e.g. a new version of a report or any other content to this folder.

Another workaround would be to save a copy of the report to e.g. the user folder, but then the users would not get a new version of the report as they only work on their own copy.

This issue already has been raised by several customers, so I would be thankful for any idea.

• 7.  Re: jaspersoft access rights for save parameters

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 22, 2016 02:41 PM

Hi Georg & Puneeth,

You can save filters in your own folder which is not shared with others provided you have the report copy saved in your folder too. I understand this is cumbersome and difficult to manage and we are working with Jaspersoft to see how we can overcome this.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 8.  Re: jaspersoft access rights for save parameters

Posted Feb 16, 2018 08:15 PM

Suman,

Which access rights are required to activate "Save Current Values" button on parameters tab while scheduling a report in JasperSoft.

Tried giving user 'Report Create' access right as well as Read/Write access on report folder, but none of it activates the button on Scheduling page.

• 9.  Re: jaspersoft access rights for save parameters

Posted Feb 18, 2018 09:16 PM

Given that this topic was originally discussed back in Apr-2016, there are now additional options available.  If you are on V15.3, users are able to schedule reports again from Home / Reports and Jobs / Reports.  If you on V15.3, you may want to explore this option.

• 10.  Re: jaspersoft access rights for save parameters

Posted Jul 12, 2016 11:08 AM

Suman,

Any update on this issue after providing write access users are able to edit the out of box reports and causing us much more issues now.

• 11.  Re: jaspersoft access rights for save parameters

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 12, 2016 11:22 AM

Puneeth,

Not yet, I believe there is idea raised please vote on that.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 12.  Re: jaspersoft access rights for save parameters

Posted Jan 26, 2017 08:35 AM

Here is the Idea Suman mentioned: Users needs to manage saved parameters in Jaspersoft like in Reports and Jobs

Please vote this up when you have a chance.

• 13.  Re: jaspersoft access rights for save parameters

Posted Feb 19, 2018 01:06 AM

Do you have a folder created for the user (say abc) who is trying to use the Save current values button under Advanced Reporting -> View -> Repository -> Users folder? and the user (abc) must have administer permission over that folder (on user level).