Clarity

• 1.  Query to find View which is being used in Functions or Stored Procedures

Posted Oct 03, 2016 10:15 AM

Hello All,

I would like to find 2 Views which are actually being used in other Functions or Stored procedures(SP's) , as there are many Functions and SP's it takes much time if we go manually.
    Could you please suggest any alternate way or any Query which will list us Functions and SP's using Views which we want to check.

Regards,

Santosh

• 2.  Re: Query to find View which is being used in Functions or Stored Procedures

Posted Oct 26, 2016 11:26 AM

This ability depends upon your permissions and backend database, as you would need to inspect the 'data dictionary' views belonging to your database provider (e.g. USER_VIEWS and USER_OBJECTS and USER_SOURCE in Oracle).

As a generic database question (i.e. it applies to any product that sits on the database, not PPM specific), you can Google for the method that applies to your infrastructure and take up answers that have been used elsewhere.

• 3.  Re: Query to find View which is being used in Functions or Stored Procedures

Posted Oct 26, 2016 11:27 AM

I also see this seems to be a duplicate question for https://communities.ca.com/thread/241762102 where a related answer has been given.