Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Streaming through the gateway

Posted Jan 25, 2017 09:26 AM

Hi all,

I'm looking to implement a large https file upload solution with the API Gateway as part of the flow - the file will end up on a sftp server. We've done a simple test and all the bits seem to hang together.

I was wondering if many people are using this functionality, are there any limitations (we know the gateway can't examine the "mainpart") and if there are any caveat or gotchas that anyone would like to tell me about now before I commit to the solution.

Any and all comments welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

• 2.  Re: Streaming through the gateway

Posted Jan 25, 2017 09:31 AM

Hi Chris,

Have you gone through the following thread?

https://communities.ca.com/message/241896286?q=large%20f

Regards

Seenu Mathew

• 3.  Re: Streaming through the gateway

Posted Jan 25, 2017 11:47 AM

Hi,

Yes. Seen that thanks.

Chris

• 4.  Re: Streaming through the gateway

Posted Feb 07, 2017 03:39 AM

Hi Chris Unsted,

Has the previous post answered your question? If so, please mark my answer are correct. Feel free to let us know if you have further questions.

Regards

Seenu Mathew

• 5.  Re: Streaming through the gateway

Posted Feb 07, 2017 04:33 AM

Seenu,

No not really answered it. I'd see that before I posted the question. I was looking for more depth and peoples experiences.

CA support had little to offer on the subject beyond whats in the manuals and suggested I turn to the community for any gottchas and advice.

Chris

• 6.  Re: Streaming through the gateway

Posted Feb 07, 2017 09:48 AM

HI Chris,

The communities is a great place for that! As a result of your response, I'm going to switch this thread from a question to a discussion. This way, people can respond with personal experiences instead of worrying about getting you one specific answer to your question.

Thanks!

Melanie