CA Service Management

• 1.  Flag Change Ticket based on approaching implementation date

Posted May 10, 2016 10:45 AM

hello,

we would like to set something up where a change ticket is flagged as "non compliant" if the implementation start date is within 48hrs and the status is still "approval in progress".  Any pointers on the best way to do this?

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Flag Change Ticket based on approaching implementation date

Posted May 10, 2016 11:06 AM

Hi Micah,  this would require custom spel code to trigger the system to take action based upon the comparison of the current date, to the implementation date, and then return "true" if its within 48 hours, which would trigger an action to occur - which would be to set the "non compliant" field to "yes".  Unfortunately this something that would be outside the scope of support and thus is not something we can assist you with.  However, there may be other customers that have done something similar, and they may be willing to share their code with you here on the community.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Flag Change Ticket based on approaching implementation date

Posted May 10, 2016 01:21 PM

You  could also look at doing a similar thing with PAM process if spel-code is a no go for you

Regards,

Brian

• 4.  Re: Flag Change Ticket based on approaching implementation date

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 10, 2016 02:07 PM

I think using ITPAM should be the way...

SDM would need something to trigger some code to move

and in your case it seems implementation start date change

could be the trigger and if that is the case, the spel code it triggers would need to wait/pause for 48 hours before it finally check the status and set the flag. Doing this is expensive for

SDM spel server but if you put it in PAM it is easier to do and

less expensive.

• 5.  Re: Flag Change Ticket based on approaching implementation date
    Best Answer

Posted May 10, 2016 04:38 PM

Hi, since I do not trust external workflows (and never use them) from CA Workflow era, I would suggest to use trigger and spel code approach. Here can be Your starting point. This approach will allow you to handle the situations when implementation date needs to be changed

Notification (or any other action) on call back date for the requests

• 6.  Re: Flag Change Ticket based on approaching implementation date

Posted May 13, 2016 03:54 PM

thank you!