Clarity

• 1.  Unable to connect to Jasperserver from Jaspersoft Studio 6.1

Posted Mar 08, 2016 09:10 PM

Hi,

In Jaspersoft Studio 6.1, I created Jaspersoft Server connection. When I tried to connect using superuser account without any organization., Jaspersoft Studio successfully connects to Jasperserver.  When I tried to connect as a Jasper administrator user under an organization, it is not connecting to Jasper server.  User name and password are correct.  Same user name and password is used to login to CA PPM application and connect to Advanced reporting. I don't why I am not able to use same credentials to connect to Jasperserver from Jaspersoft Studio 6.1

Please let me know if you have any idea

Thanks

Regards

Ravi Chandramouli

• 2.  Re: Unable to connect to Jasperserver from Jaspersoft Studio 6.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 09, 2016 01:06 AM

To login to Jaspersoft studio you need to use the user created under advance reporting, you cannot use any user which you use to login to PPM. This is documented in our report development guide. Here is the link

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/recommended-reading/product-related-technical-information/ca-ppm-advanced-reporting-and-database-schema-index.aspx?intcmp=searchresultclick&resultnum=1

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 3.  Re: Unable to connect to Jasperserver from Jaspersoft Studio 6.1

Posted Mar 09, 2016 02:29 AM

Hi Suman,

Thanks for sending the link.  I looked the at doc. But still I am not clear.   User name I am trying to use is not just any user name in PPM application.  The user name is in PPM application and given all the Advanced reporting rights including admin rights.  This user is created in Jasperserver using "Create and Update Jaspersoft Users". I am able to login with this ID in the Advanced Reporting and able to create reports.    This user id exists in Jasperserver under an organization.  I am trying to use same ID as shown in the documentation to connect Jasperserver from Jasersoft Studio tool.  But it is not working

Thanks

Regards

Ravi Chandramouli

• 4.  Re: Unable to connect to Jasperserver from Jaspersoft Studio 6.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 09, 2016 02:36 AM

Hi Ravi,

The users which are there in CA PPM gets synced to Jaspersoft user but those users cannot be used to login to Jaspersoft studio. If you want to login to the Studio, you need to do the below

1. Login to CA PPM

2. Navigate to Advance  Reporting

3. Under Advance Reporting go to Manager Users

4. Create a user and add ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR

Now use the same user to login to Jaspersoft Studio.

Hope this helps

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 5.  Re: Unable to connect to Jasperserver from Jaspersoft Studio 6.1
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 09, 2016 03:21 PM

Hi Suman,

You are correct that CA PPM users synced with Jaspersoft server, can not directly login to Jasper server. This may be the reason. These users are external users and authenticated by PPM application and Jasperserver uses keystore for authentication.   So it seems these users can login only from PPM application.  So I created another user directly in the Jasper server as you mentioned. It worked fine

Thanks

Regards

Ravi Chandramouli

• 6.  Re: Unable to connect to Jasperserver from Jaspersoft Studio 6.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 10, 2016 12:07 AM

Thanks Ravi, This was the same information documented in our guides also