Symantec Access Management

• 1.  how to install and configure ca directory?

Posted Jul 27, 2016 01:14 AM

can anyone share docs or useful links for how to install ca directory manager and ca directory in linux? also how to make verify whether we installed correctly or not?

short description of what I have done

I have installed ca directory manager and ca directory. dxserver and dxadmind is running.

open the below link in browser

http:192.168.1.105:8080/dxmananager after that I am trying to create single dsa backbone but It seems hard to configure, we don't know some of the option in that configuration setup (eg: prefix).

I am looking step by step process of install and configure ca directory manager and ca directory.

suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: how to install and configure ca directory?

Posted Jul 27, 2016 05:45 AM

Hi Bilal,

Following link will guide you in installing CA Directory on Unix:

Installing on UNIX - CA Directory - 12.0.18 - CA Technologies Documentation

• 3.  Re: how to install and configure ca directory?
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 28, 2016 11:23 AM

A quick search on the Single Sign-On (SiteMinder) Knowledge Base (dxmanager policy store) pointed to  TEC599464 (http://search.ca.com/assets/SiteAssets/TEC599464_External/TEC599464.pdf)) . The PDF includes a very detailed example (instructions with pictures) on using DXmanager to build a SSO Policy Store instance. You should note that some steps include editing the DX configuration files directly, which essentially requires you to manage the DX configuration files outside of DXmanager. You can find other examples of scripts (cmd and sh) to build the required SSO data stores (policy, key and session) on the CA Security discussion threads on Single Sign-On.

Please post any feedback on the TEC document when you try the steps in a lab.

• 4.  Re: how to install and configure ca directory?

Posted Aug 01, 2016 09:20 AM

Hi bu,

I don't know about the dxmanager gui but if you fancy command you could use something something like this:

(assuming you are in the DXHOME bin directory)

- dxnewdsa cropusers 389 "o=someorganisation" <-- this last one is an example prefix

- dxserver stop cropusers

- dxloaddb cropusers D:\mydir\someorganisation.ldif

- dxserver start cropusers

Now you should be able to connect to your directory using jxplorer or anything you like

this is what you can use on Windows to create a CA Directory

i assume there are simulair commands availble for linux, but i can't verify this for you at the moment.

• 5.  Re: how to install and configure ca directory?

Posted Aug 02, 2016 10:29 AM

The following Discussion post (Build SiteMinder Policy Server data stores on CA Directory ) includes a ZIP file with shell scripts to build a SSO Policy Store, Key Store and Session Store using CA Directory with the proper schema. A number of posts also provide similar scripts for UNIX and Windows. While the previous example will create a DSA structure in CA Directory, you need to follow instructions in the SSO Installation Guide related to configuring a CA Directory Policy Store (https://docops.ca.com/ca-single-sign-on-12-52-sp1/en/installing/configure-ldap-directory-server-policy-session-and-key-s… ).

Please add your experience/feedback to this discussion thread when you have a chance so we can improve the scripts shared with the SSO Community.