Layer7 API Management

• 1.  LAYER7 - Is it possible to automate the deployment of policies via a 3rd party tool

Posted Jul 18, 2016 03:18 AM

Hi All,

Is it possible to automate the deployment of policies in respective environments without logging into Policy Manager . Is there any API or tool we can use to leverage this solution.

Thanks

Praty

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to automate the deployment of policies via a 3rd party tool

Posted Jul 18, 2016 11:28 AM

I am assuming we are talking here about CA SSO.

CA SSO OOB provide XPSExport and XPSImport.

We create objects manually in one pre-designated lower environment e.g. Dev.

Then using the tool we automate moving policies into higher environments e.g. to QA and to Production.

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to automate the deployment of policies via a 3rd party tool

Posted Jul 18, 2016 09:53 PM

Yeah, XPSExport and XPSImport is all you need to automate the import of policies.

It is best to stick with the OOTB tools than going with the third party tool which CA might not have certified.

• 4.  Re: Is it possible to automate the deployment of policies via a 3rd party tool

Posted Jul 19, 2016 01:50 AM

Hello Ujwol/Hubort,

I am talking about Layer7 Policy Manager(SSG Gateway). Please let me know is the solution provided by you is applicable there or not.

Regards

Praty

• 5.  Re: Is it possible to automate the deployment of policies via a 3rd party tool

Posted Jul 19, 2016 05:35 AM

No, Its applicable only to CA Siteminder policy data.

• 6.  Re: LAYER7 - Is it possible to automate the deployment of policies via a 3rd party tool

Posted Jul 20, 2016 02:51 AM

I have moved this post to "Advanced Auth" community.

• 7.  Re: LAYER7 - Is it possible to automate the deployment of policies via a 3rd party tool
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 24, 2016 10:35 PM

I believe he is talking about the CA API Gateway Policies. Yes, you can use our GMU tool to automate deployment of policies from one environment to the next.

Migrate Gateways - CA API Gateway - 9.1 - CA Technologies Documentation