CA Service Management

Chat Transcript - CA Service Management Office Hours: A Live Online Chat (April 2016)

• 1.  Chat Transcript - CA Service Management Office Hours: A Live Online Chat (April 2016)

Posted Apr 14, 2016 07:44 PM

Miss the April Service Management Office Hours - Online Chat? Check out what you missed below and be sure to join us in May for the next session!

from Jason Lara to Everyone:

Hello to all!

One question from here.

from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone:

We will be starting in a few minutes! Thanks for joining!

Ok, Sure Chris! Thanks.

Thank you for joining we will be starting in just a few minutes!

Go ahead with any questions you have for the team today!

Jason you up! What was your question for the team!

Hey! A customer ask if there's a way that the Locations that are in SDM can be sync with their AD. So if they create a new one or modify one they don't need to manually made the change in SDM.

from Alex Perretti (CA) to Everyone:

@Jason if you were to import a Contact from Active Directory, and you had a mod configuration to include the "location" in the import, then it would sync up to a location if it already existed in Service Desk. pdm_ldap_import won't create a location that doesn't exist.

from Kleber Souza to Everyone:

Hi Jason. I believe so. If you are using the EEM to map these fields, I believe you should be able to do this synchronization.

@Alex Indeed, i just created the mod file to sync the locations with the conctacts in SD. So if a location of a user it's changed the location itself in SD it's going to be modified?

from Andrea Holmes to Everyone:

@Jason we accomplished this by writing a .net application and using web services to update contacts/locations/job titles/etc. instead of using the ldap import

@Jason, if you did an ldap sync it should sync the data. As you see from others in the chat there are other options to do what you're looking for in a more automated fashion.

Microsoft recently published an article indicating that they are removing support for nText fields in the future.  Does CA have a plan to address this since all of their long text fields are nText in MSSQL?

from micah to Everyone:

Hello, I am working with Service Management Administration around the features of the common user/contact with a Sun LDAP directoy and found multiple failure points.  Has anyone had succes with the Service Management Administration module against a Sun LDAP data source?

@Andrea. I'm sorry to say that I don't have an answer for that question at this point, but it is a very good one. You may want to consider posting a thread in the Communities, and we can discuss further with the Development group to see what the plans are.

@Andrea then once we have the information we can provide that in the thread.

@Alex great, thanks!

from Jacqueline to Everyone:

Hi, I have a question about CA Service Desk 14.1 and Cancell Status on Request, Whe you update a Request to status Canell is possible Service Desk execue a Abandon activity?

from Rajeev Kumar (CA) to Everyone:

@micah - We use Microsoft Active Directory for large majority of tests around LDAP integration, but the design has been generic to support standard LDAP protocol. If you could submit the specifics, we should be able to investigate the issues with Sun LDAP.

@Jacqueline I'm unable to review the possibility of this in depth at this moment, but I believe this should be possible with some configuration adjustments. I'm sorry to say I don't have those steps handy. I can review and post a response in the Communities thread when the transcript it posted later today.

from Pedro Ramalho to Everyone:

Hello. Is there any out of the box integration between SharePoint 2013 and Service Desk r14.1 to let end users open and edit incidents on Service Desk without Service Catalog?

@Alex, thanks, I see the document on CA Support http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1142533.aspx

@Jacqueline, is that what you are trying to do, suppress the survey?

yes

When the status is Cancell, don't send the survey

on SD 14.1 on Change Orders and Issue, SD execute Abandon, but on Request Execute Close actibity.

from Sam Grace to Everyone:

GM All.  We have just installed Service Catalog and Process Automation at our company (DEV Environment) and we are going to be working on integrating the two applications today and afterwards we are going to be integrating EEM with AD.  Have any of you performed either of these two things before?

@Pedro there isn't a specific "integration" between the products, but I've seen other customers build in web services into the Sharepoint, so it would generate a web services call to Service Desk to create or update tickets. I've also seen Sharepoint be configured to generate an email, and then send the email to Service Desk which maileater would consume.

@Alex, the widgets for SharePoint are only regarding Requests status on Service Catalog, right?

@ Jacqueline I'll look into this and will get an update to the Communities.

Ok @Alex... the last question: When I have a Request, wih Task (classsic workflow) and update to Cancel Status, SD is not cancelling the pending Thask.....is it a bug?

@Pedro that is correct. As I mentioned that is no specific "integration point" between Sharepoint and Service Desk, but Sharepoint can be configured to generate calls (web services or email) to Service Desk. I wouldn't be able to provide much detail as to what that would entail though.

@Sam - That order of integration seems fine.

@Jacqueline that does not sound correct to me, I'd submit a Support ticket for further review.

@Alex, thanks for your time.

Anyone else have any questions for the team today?

Thank you @Alex

@Rajeev:  Rajeev, is there any other post-installation integration-operations that you could suggest?

@Sam - This link would be helpful - https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/implementing/implementing-ca-service-management-14-1/step-5-finalize-the-integration-with-the-common-components/integrate-ca-service-catalog-with-the-common-components

@Rejeev:  Thanks, I am reviewing it now.

Any last questions before we end the call for today?

Thank you everyone for joining! Please visit us in the community.