DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  ACL permissions not working properly

Posted Oct 08, 2012 06:21 PM

I created an ACL for an account and I have the "USM Group Modification" unchecked, yet contacts in that account can still modify groups in the Unified Service Manager portlet.

Is there any solution to this problem?

• 2.  Re: ACL permissions not working properly

Posted Oct 08, 2012 06:22 PM

FYI I am running UMP 6.0

• 3.  Re: ACL permissions not working properly

Posted Oct 09, 2012 07:46 AM

Hi pzafonte,

Hmm I don't have such an item in my NMS 6.1 / UMP 6.0 installation ACL list. I remember having that when my ACLs were corrupted, though.

-jon

• 4.  Re: ACL permissions not working properly

Posted Oct 09, 2012 08:49 PM

That's interesting, but somehow I don't think that is the case because that ACL item is listed in the UMP documentation.

• 5.  Re: ACL permissions not working properly

Posted Oct 10, 2012 09:13 AM

You're right, of course. I must've misread originally. I tested this in my own setup and you're correct, "USM Group Modification" ACL item doesn't seem to apply to Account contacts. As documentation states, not all ACL options apply to Account contacts, wonder if this is by design then. You could get around it by creating a normal user and linking it to the ACL, that works properly.

It would be weird though if it is was by design, as UMP users are supposed to be created under in the contacts (if they have no access to other clients)

-jon

• 6.  Re: ACL permissions not working properly

Posted Oct 23, 2012 09:17 PM
    There are a couple of things to consider. First, to have better control account permissions in USM, disable the permission "Basic Management" and enable "USM Basic". These are additional permissions to control USM.
    "USM Modify Individual Monitors for Computer Systems" – for the Apply Monitors button for a computer system
    "USM Group Modification" – to edit, add, and delete groups
    "USM Edit Monitoring Templates" – to edit, add, and delete monitoring templates
    "USM Automatic Robot Installation" – to deploy agents
    "Acknowledge" – to acknowledge alarms
    "Accept" – to accept alarms
    "Assign" – to assign alarms
    "Unassign" – to unassign alarms
    Let me know if this helps, this is all documented in the USM docs.