DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Users authorization through EEM for Specific Agent monitoring

Posted Sep 09, 2016 06:02 AM

Hi Team,

I have integrated CA APM 10.2 & CA EEM for the authentication. Now i need to give the authorization for specific agent monitoring to some groups & users. I have created one new grant manage access policy and given one name under resource.

But it is not working. I want to give authorization under SuperDomain for seperate agent monitoring.

Kindly check below the screen shot:

Please help me to understand & resolve this issue.

Regards,

Vinay

• 2.  Re: Users authorization through EEM for Specific Agent monitoring

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 09, 2016 02:14 PM

Hi Vinay,

By not working, what do you mean?  SuperDomain is meant to see everything.  

Reaching out to Lynn_Williams Hiko_Davis

• 3.  Re: Users authorization through EEM for Specific Agent monitoring

Posted Sep 12, 2016 12:23 AM

Hi Matt,

We are using EEM r12.51 & it is integrated with active directory. We want configuration like if one user is accessing one agent information in SuperDomain he should not be allowed to use another agent information. So user authorization will be based on agent monitoring in SuperDomain. In resource name there is only SuperDomain can i change it like: SuperDomain|Tomcat|TomcatAgent ?

Regards,

Vinay Chaudhary

• 4.  Re: Users authorization through EEM for Specific Agent monitoring
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2016 08:43 AM

Hi Vinay,

The user is tied to the domain permission.  While you can restrict a users rights for read/write/etc...  if you have Superdomain (or any other domain for that matter) you cannot have user A see only Agent A and user B see only Agent B if both are in Superdomain.

You can however seperate it out wherein you have Domain A and Domain B.  Agent A is tied to Domain A and Agent B is tied to Domain B.  If User A has permissions to see Domain A but not Domain B and you make user B have permissions to see Domain B and not Domain A, then what you want to do will be achieved.

Thanks,

Matt

• 5.  Re: Users authorization through EEM for Specific Agent monitoring

Posted Sep 13, 2016 12:56 AM

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your response, i have tried with multiple domain it is working.

Regards,

Vinay Chaudhary

• 6.  Re: Users authorization through EEM for Specific Agent monitoring

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 11, 2016 01:09 PM

Hi Vinay:

What EEM release are you using? Did you run

manage Access Policy >Check Permissions

As Matt suggested, please provide more details on what functionality is not working as expected.

Thanks

Hal German

• 7.  Re: Users authorization through EEM for Specific Agent monitoring

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2016 09:31 AM

Hi Vinay:

Please let us know what you are now considering as a next step. It sounds like either using multiple domains or submitting an idea are the only two options. 

Thanks

Hal German

• 8.  Re: Users authorization through EEM for Specific Agent monitoring

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2016 04:23 PM

HI vinay.chaudhary:

Was hoping to hear back if you were going to pursue Matt's suggestion of multiple domains or open an idea on this. Can you let us know how you are going to proceed on this?

Thanks

Hal German