DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Details of metrics

Posted Sep 02, 2016 12:07 AM

Hello! I need to quote the following metrics in a report, the problem is that these texts are very shallow (very simple), I need better detail these metrics (and detailed) can help me?

Apache-based performance metrics

The following performance metrics are available for Apache, IBM HTTP Server, and Oracle HTTP Server web servers:

• Bytes Transferred Per Interval
      Total number of bytes the workers (server) serve per interval. Available only if ExtendedStatus is enabled.
    • Current Number of Busy Workers
      The number of workers serving requests.
    • Current Number of Idle Workers
      The number of idle workers.
    • Current Percentage CPU Load
      The current percentage CPU used in total by all workers in the web server. Available only if ExtendedStatus is enabled. Available only for Apache servers on UNIX machines.
    • Requests Per Interval
      Number of requests the workers (server) serve per interval. Available only if ExtendedStatus is enabled.

Current Status of Worker Processes/Threads (%)

The following metrics are available for Current Status of Worker Processes/Threads (%):

• Closing connection
      Percentage of workers closing connection already created.
    • DNS Lookup
      Percentage of workers performing a DNS lookup for IP address to host name resolution.
    • Gracefully finishing
      Percentage of workers doing a graceful finish operation before actually closing the connection.
    • Idle cleanup of worker
      Percentage of workers doing an idle cleanup.
    • Keepalive (read)
      Percentage of workers keeping some of the existing connections alive before timing out and closing it.
    • Logging
      Percentage of workers involved in logging the activities to log files or custom log listeners.
    • Open slot with no current process
      This percentage indicates the free slots for workers which can be filled up with a process due to incoming requests.
    • Reading Request
      Percentage of workers reading a request in their process.
    • Sending Reply
      Percentage of workers sending a reply in their process.
    • Starting up
      Percentage of workers starting up in a new process to serve a request.
    • Waiting for Connection
      Percentage of workers that started and are waiting for a connection so that request processing can begin.

• 2.  Re: Details of metrics
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 02, 2016 12:17 AM

• 3.  Re: Details of metrics

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 02, 2016 06:39 AM

Hi Ricardo:

I hope that Hiko's answer was helpful. If not, I suggest that you open a case since you are asking for a deep dive on 17 specific metrics which is not a simple answer

Thanks

Hal German

• 4.  Re: Details of metrics

Posted Sep 02, 2016 09:41 AM

No! was very useful more Thank you ! Helped!

Att

Ricardo