DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Re: Customized Widgets in Dashboard

Posted Sep 14, 2016 07:10 PM

Hi,

Has things changed for the capability of customized widgets in APM 10.3 ?

I am looking for the capability where a widget can trigger a RESTAPI call or so with information extracted from the dashboard.

ex. information as = hostname, agent name, time, etc.

Is there any possible workarounds or methods possible , ex via javascripts or so?

Are there any documentations to extending the existing widget code as "String Viewer" or  "Text Viewer" widgets? 

Thanks

AJ

• 2.  Re: Customized Widgets in Dashboard
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 15, 2016 12:19 AM

The old plugin to allow a custom webpage to be displayed on dashboard is outdated and would not likely work with APM 10 WebView.

The better option is to pull data from APM using the RESTful interface or CLW to Splunk. One of our presales folks wrote a solution to pull info into Splunk.

If using the RESTful API is too complicated, we also have the Easy Integration Kit that makes extracting data as easy as using Excel's import data option.

APM can also send SNMP traps to Splunk using the same alert notification used for SOI/catalyst.

• 3.  Re: Customized Widgets in Dashboard

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 15, 2016 09:17 AM

Hi Ajith:

Since this was a new question on an old thread, I marked as a branch. Hiko has responded to your questions on customization. I hope they are helpful. I have marked as answered. But, you are welcome to ask any follow-up questions

Thanks

Hal German