Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

when a user is trying to add field in filter for a grid portlet it is giving  error .....:odf.saveObjectUserListFilterLayoutAndExit) Internal Processing exception

• 1.  when a user is trying to add field in filter for a grid portlet it is giving  error .....:odf.saveObjectUserListFilterLayoutAndExit) Internal Processing exception

Posted May 23, 2016 08:58 AM

i have modified a custom portlet , added one new field , i kept it in available fields so that user can configure if required .

but when user is trying to add that field ( not only this fileld any other field also .. after the addition of new field)  It is giving below error ...

when I am adding it from admin side in default I am not getting any issue or error ..

anyone has any idea ..

the new filed I have tried is a simple string values to display booking manager ..

one strange thing is  , I had a backup of old version of portlet  and have xog the old  ... .the old version with out this new field is  behaving the same ...

I have two questions ...

1 , to rollback changes I have used old version XOG , all the fileds were rolled back but if user is trying to configure any additional fields he is still getting the above error ...

how to roll back with out this error  ?

do I need to clean up any filter views ? or portlet views ?  where I can do them in DB

2 ,what are the scenarios we will see this type of error ?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ERROR 2016-05-21 06:53:17,579
    [http-bio-80-exec-288] niku.xql2
    (clarity:user_aaa:19465324__62686D2F-056B-40CC-86C3-A92814A81E6D:odf.saveObjectUserListFilterLayoutAndExit)
    Internal Processing exception

1. com.niku.union.persistence.PersistenceException:

SQL error code: 1461

Error message: [CA Clarity][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-01461: can
    bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column

Executed:

INSERT INTO
    ODF_VIEW_ATTRIBUTES

(id

, view_id

, widget_type

, extended_widget_type

>>>>>>>

• 2.  Re: when a user is trying to add field in filter for a grid portlet it is giving  error .....:odf.saveObjectUserListFilterLayoutAndExit) Internal Processing exception

Posted May 23, 2016 09:25 AM

When rolling back ; don't just reapply the saved (old) XOG file, delete the portlet from the application first and then apply the XOG file.

(portlets get messed up sometimes, this usually helps for me)

• 3.  Re: when a user is trying to add field in filter for a grid portlet it is giving  error .....:odf.saveObjectUserListFilterLayoutAndExit) Internal Processing exception

Posted May 24, 2016 07:42 AM

Hi David,

tried removing and doing the XOG freshly .

still the same issue exists ...

also I tried save as option from admin side to create another version of the same portlet  , it is giving error to save as another version .

same error .. system error .

any other way to rollback properly .

Regards,

ravinder.

• 4.  Re: when a user is trying to add field in filter for a grid portlet it is giving  error .....:odf.saveObjectUserListFilterLayoutAndExit) Internal Processing exception

Posted May 24, 2016 07:58 AM

Hi Ravinder,

Some things to check:-

1. Did you publish the changes to the Portlet?

2. Is the attribute Booking Manager linked to a Look-up? If yes, is it a Single-valued Look-up or a Multi-valued Look-up? Check if the Look-up is behaving normal. There have been issues with the Multi-valued Look-ups in Portlet Filters. Check if the users have access to both the Portlet as well as the Look-up. You can view it as an Admin (as you mentioned in your post). So, most probably there may be issues related to the Look-up.

Suhail.

• 5.  Re: when a user is trying to add field in filter for a grid portlet it is giving  error .....:odf.saveObjectUserListFilterLayoutAndExit) Internal Processing exception

Posted May 24, 2016 09:28 AM

Yes Sayed ..

1,  I have published portlet serveral times.

2 , Booking Manager is linked to Resource lookup , viewing it as Admin  , I mean to say  that  from Adminstation -> portlets I can configure the fields to filter  view .

but from home ( as Admin ) home->Dashboard->open portlet  .. use configure option to add a filter field  , this is giving error .  not only for new field , it is started giving error to all the fields .

Error is not vanished even if I rollback to previous version .

one thing I agree with you is , I am suspecting one of the multivalued / single valued lookup  from the portlet is causing the issue  .  but may not be security issue ,could be some length/data type issue .

>>>>>>

Error message: [CA Clarity][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-01461: can
    bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column

>>>>>

David,

of course a fresh portlet will solve problem , tried working fine as new portlet , but this is the last option  .

• 6.  Re: when a user is trying to add field in filter for a grid portlet it is giving  error .....:odf.saveObjectUserListFilterLayoutAndExit) Internal Processing exception

Posted May 24, 2016 09:47 AM

Hi Ravinder,

I hope you are not missing out on any Access Rights related to the Portlet. See if this link is of any help to you.

Suhail.

• 7.  Re: when a user is trying to add field in filter for a grid portlet it is giving  error .....:odf.saveObjectUserListFilterLayoutAndExit) Internal Processing exception

Posted May 24, 2016 08:52 AM

If deleting and re-loading the portlet from XOG is not working, then I think I would then be into re-building the portlet from scratch (using the saved query text from the XOG file of course).

• 8.  Re: when a user is trying to add field in filter for a grid portlet it is giving  error .....:odf.saveObjectUserListFilterLayoutAndExit) Internal Processing exception

Posted May 26, 2016 10:18 AM

I frequently run into errors when adding a new column to a portlet.  I have been able to resolve by XOGing out the portlet and then comparing the XML fields of the new column and filter field to those of similar types.  Usually, the field type is incorrect and several other XML fields have null values.  Once I correct the XML and XOG back in, the portlet works fine.

• 9.  Re: when a user is trying to add field in filter for a grid portlet it is giving  error .....:odf.saveObjectUserListFilterLayoutAndExit) Internal Processing exception

Posted Jun 07, 2016 05:16 PM

Hi Ravinder - Did any of the responses answer your question? If so please mark it as Correct Answer. Thanks!

• 10.  Re: when a user is trying to add field in filter for a grid portlet it is giving  error .....:odf.saveObjectUserListFilterLayoutAndExit) Internal Processing exception

Posted Nov 14, 2017 04:58 AM

This is a known issue (DE37616) with CA PPM object based portlets where you add a multi-select lookup attribute . Please see the steps to reproduce the scenario below: 

1. Create a Portlet based on Project Object. You can any some columns in the List Layout, this doesn't matter.
    2. Go to List Filter Section : Layout and add field 'Department' (attribute 'department_code')
    3. Change Lookup type to 'Multiple-select'
    4. Filter Default .. click on the binocular. Select many departments (more than around 120). Click on Add.
    5. Click on Save.

Expected Results:
    You should be able to save filter default of the Department Attribute with as many departments as you need

Actual Results:
    You can not save filter default of the Department Attribute with as many departments as you need. You get Error: System Error. Contact System Administrator.

The error in the application log looks similar to this: 

ERROR 2017-11-09 13:09:14,642 [http-nio-80-exec-26] niku.xql2 (clarity:admin:54222770__BC3116C5-8788-4318-8B9A-D43C4186C744:odf.updateUserObjectFilterField) Internal Processing exception
    com.niku.union.persistence.PersistenceException:
    Error message: [CA Clarity][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column

Executed:
    update odf_view_attributes
    set widget_type = decode(?,0,widget_type,?),
    extended_widget_type = ?,
    label_pk_id = decode(?,0,label_pk_id,?),
    view_id = decode(?,0,view_id,?),
    label = decode(?,0,label,?),
    display_order = decode(?,0,display_order,?),
    width = decode(?,0,width,?),
    section_id = decode(?,0,section_id,?),
    hidden = decode(?,0,hidden,?),
    is_virtual = decode(?,0,is_virtual,?),
    is_fixed_widget = decode(?,2,is_fixed_widget,?),
    col = decode(?,0,col,?),
    image = ?, tip = ?, instruction = ?, instruction_pos = ?,
    num_rows = ?, num_cols = ?, is_editable = ?, show_value = ?,
    is_required = decode(?,0,is_required,?),
    is_presence_required = decode(?,2,is_presence_required,?),
    enter_once = decode(?,0,enter_once,?),
    is_multi_valued = decode(?,0,is_multi_valued,?),
    min_value = ?, max_value = ?, default_value = ?,
    xpath_expression = ?,
    last_updated_date = ?, last_updated_by = ?
    where id = ? or id in ( select ova.id
    from odf_view_attributes ova, odf_view_attributes ova2,
    odf_views ov, odf_views ov2, odf_subviews osv
    where ova2.id = ?
    and ova.attribute_code = ova2.attribute_code
    and ov.id = ova.view_id
    and ov2.id = ova2.view_id
    and ova2.view_id = osv.child_view_id
    and ov2.view_type = ov.view_type
    and ov2.object_code = ov.object_code
    and osv.parent_view_id in (
    select rsv1.parent_view_id
    from odf_views rv, odf_subviews rsv1
    where rv.id = ov.id
    and rv.id = rsv1.child_view_id
    union
    select rsv2.parent_view_id
    from odf_views rv, odf_subviews rsv1,
    odf_subviews rsv2
    where rv.id = ov.id
    and rv.id = rsv1.child_view_id
    and rsv1.parent_view_id = rsv2.child_view_id)
    )

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: [CA Clarity][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column

Workaround: Don't select many departments in the filter default.