Clarity

• 1.  Need help with custom attribute Set up---Resource Object

Posted Apr 18, 2016 12:36 PM

Hi Everyone,

We have a requirement to add 3 custom attributes to Resource object(I know this is easy).  But the condition is display of these attributes is dependent on the other attributes. For ex: of the 3 attributes i create 2nd attribute should be displayed on the Resource properties page based on certain values in the first attribute and similarly 3 rd should be displayed based on condition(or user choice) in the 2nd attribute.

Can some one please let me know whether this is possible in Clarity PPM?

FYI: We are using Clarity On demand

Any help/Suggestion is appreciated.

• 2.  Re: Need help with custom attribute Set up---Resource Object

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 18, 2016 05:31 PM

Hi Naresh,

Looks like what you need is a parameterized lookup, which will show the values in Lookup 2 based on what is selected in Lookup 1. Please check the example in the tec article below:
    http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec437456.aspx 

Hope this helps -Nika

• 3.  Re: Need help with custom attribute Set up---Resource Object

Posted Apr 19, 2016 03:34 AM

I interpreted the original Q as whether to display (or not) a field based upon the values in another field.

Short answer to that is "not really", but you can do something like that utilising display-conditions on subpages (but the fields have to be on a different subpage).

• 4.  Re: Need help with custom attribute Set up---Resource Object

Posted Apr 19, 2016 05:14 PM

If I understand correctly, you would have to save inbetween each change of the initial attribute for those other subpages to appear/disappear though.

Neither situation is perfect as the first solution to the problem (via parameterized lookups) involves the attribute fields always being present, and upon change of the initial attribute value it will reset the picklist values for the subsequent attributes too.

I suspect that there are no other choices for now than between those two, and to log an idea for what you really wanted to do without the compromises.