CA Service Management

• 1.  Is it possible to stop the SLA clock during a planned downtime in SDM 12.7, 12.9 & 14.1?

Posted Apr 21, 2016 05:44 AM

Hi,

Is it possible to stop the SLA clock during a planned downtime in SDM 12.7, 12.9 & 14.1?

Eg: If we have a planned downtime of 30 mins then all the ticket's SLA clock should pause for 30 mins.

Awaiting your suggestions.

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to stop the SLA clock during a planned downtime in SDM 12.7, 12.9 & 14.1?

Posted Apr 21, 2016 09:51 AM

Hi Kunal,  I dont think there is a way to do this to be honest.  There may be other folks out here on the communities that have figured out a way to account for that downtime, but I cant think of anything off the top of my head.

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to stop the SLA clock during a planned downtime in SDM 12.7, 12.9 & 14.1?
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 21, 2016 12:14 PM

Hello Kunal,

I think the only way you can accomplish this is to make a modification in the workshifts you have create in SD. You can set a you make an example of 30 minutes downtime. Here's a documentation that can help you with this: Workshift Setup - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation

And if you have your SLA associated with the workshift then in that frame of time the SLA will stop.

That's the only i can think of so you can stop all SLA's.

Hope it helps!

• 4.  Re: Is it possible to stop the SLA clock during a planned downtime in SDM 12.7, 12.9 & 14.1?

Posted Apr 22, 2016 03:03 AM

Hi Jason thank you for your suggestion.

However this can help me only if I have attached workshifts to all the service types, which is not in my case.

But I have created spell files where all the national holidays and workshifts are mentioned and accordingly SLA clock pauses. Will try to add the downtime in that, modifying spell files also requires a restart, so another downtime which cannot be calculated in the resolution reports.

Lets c.