AutoSys Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

Anyone know of a way to get the plugin list without using cybAgent -v?

• 1.  Anyone know of a way to get the plugin list without using cybAgent -v?

Posted Jun 10, 2015 04:23 PM

Does anyone know if there's a way to get the list of plugins installed on the agent without having to run cybAgent -v on every machine?

I haven't looked at the Webservice reference guide yet, since I am pretty sure there isn't a service that exposes this functionality, and I know that the SDK doesn't give this information either...

just trying to look for a programmable way to get the list of plugins that are installed on each agent in the environment....any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Deekshit

• 2.  Re: Anyone know of a way to get the plugin list without using cybAgent -v?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 10, 2015 04:32 PM

Run the command 'autorep -M <agent_machine_name> -p' from the Autosys command line. It will list out all the plugins installed.

Thank You!

Kishore Kumar Udathaneni

CA Technologies

• 3.  Re: Anyone know of a way to get the plugin list without using cybAgent -v?

Posted Jun 10, 2015 05:01 PM

What I really need is a single point from where I can query the DB or a Webservice or use the SDK instead of having to login to each machine and run an autorep or a cybAgent -v or look at the agentparm.txt

I should have pointed it out in the initial post...sorry about that...

• 4.  Re: Anyone know of a way to get the plugin list without using cybAgent -v?

Posted Jun 10, 2015 05:03 PM

I think I can use the autorep approach...but a more programmatic approach like exposing this information through the Java/C++ SDK would be beneficial

• 5.  Re: Anyone know of a way to get the plugin list without using cybAgent -v?

Posted Jun 10, 2015 05:20 PM

logging in huh? no no no. you do an autorep -M machine -p

have you tried ALL ?

;-)

as long as the agent is up you can do it from anymachine that has the client as long as the ID allows you to inspect the machine ;-)

eEM and all.

• 6.  Re: Anyone know of a way to get the plugin list without using cybAgent -v?

Posted Jun 10, 2015 06:09 PM

Yes I know we can use autorep –M ALL –p…

It still means I’ll need to call the autosys command and parse the output from my Java code, which does a lot of other checks and this is a smaller piece of the puzzle.

I am looking more towards the WebService/SDK option where I just write the code and the App Server takes care of getting the information I ask of it, much like autorep, but with the advantage that I don’t have to parse fields and grab columns.

Deekshit Addepalli | Senior Consultant | RMT

(651)-600-9490 – Cell | (651) 769-2574 – Office | (651) 305-8361 – Fax

daddepalli@robertmarktech.com<mailto:daddepalli@robertmarktech.com> | Robert Mark Tech<http://www.robertmarktech.com/>

Visit RMT’s partner, Arbiter Software, for Lifecycle Management with AutoSys: Arbiter Software<http://arbitersoftware.com/>

Follow Robert Mark on LinkedIn: RMT on LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/robert-mark-technologies/>

"Like" us on Facebook: RMT on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-Mark/149566531779416>

• 7.  Re: Anyone know of a way to get the plugin list without using cybAgent -v?

Posted Jun 10, 2015 04:42 PM

and one day it will give the version of teh agent :-)

as i had requested back in 11.3

• 8.  Re: Anyone know of a way to get the plugin list without using cybAgent -v?

Posted Jun 11, 2015 09:16 AM

Java for parsing?! why? perl does so much better and i have had no such issues doing similar ;-)

Also remember you want eEM to handle what you do. not everyone uses the SDK etc and you need to think about who can maintain the code when you leave etc. .. just my 3 cents..

Good luck.

• 9.  Re: Anyone know of a way to get the plugin list without using cybAgent -v?

Posted Jun 11, 2015 11:40 AM

Yes, this is actually a requirement from their side and the SDK is pretty easy to use. It goes through the app server and I don’t have to make a separate EEM call to figure out permissions. I just pass in the username and password to the jar file and the app server does everything for me. I just need to ask for what I want

• 10.  Re: Anyone know of a way to get the plugin list without using cybAgent -v?

Posted Jun 11, 2015 11:44 AM

hmm the point of using autorep 0is that you wont need id and password to make the call and be found in plain text etc.

But hey .. if they want it so be it.

i would explain to them.. but its your gig..

good luck

• 11.  Re: Anyone know of a way to get the plugin list without using cybAgent -v?

Posted Jun 11, 2015 11:51 AM

The username and password is optional. By default, it will take the logged in user, just as the command prompt does. And just as the command prompt allows you to provide the username and password with the –usr and –pw (or –pwx for encrypted password), the util will do the same.

• 12.  Re: Anyone know of a way to get the plugin list without using cybAgent -v?

Posted Jun 11, 2015 11:55 AM

good to hear