Plex 2E

• 1.  YGENSRC job has (technical) error messages in the joblog

Posted Oct 30, 2015 03:23 AM

Hi everybody, when I check the joblog from the YGENSRC job I see some error messages which could be caused due to a wrong configuration? It looks like that:

CPD0078 Diagnostic --> Value  for parameter MSGID not a valid name.

CPF0001 Diagnostic --> Error found on ADDMSGD command.

Does anybody know about that problem?

• 2.  Re: YGENSRC job has (technical) error messages in the joblog

Posted Oct 30, 2015 06:11 AM

Hello Ueli,

Have you recently run a 2E upgrade to 8.5, 8.6 or 8.7 ? I am asking because  the CPD0078 error was first referred to in 2E release 8.5 in the Readme.html when upgrading from a 2E release prior to 8.5. I have copied the topic from the mentioned document (2E version 8.7) for you for a check:

4.4 Toolkit Pre-compile Processor

In CA 2E r8.5, we modified the 1E program YBRTP2R to use a modified version of data area YBRTPXA. If you are upgrading to Release 8.7 from a version older than r8.5, and you want to use your existing 1E data library, you need to delete YBRTPXA from this library. Afterwards, run YCRTY1DTA with your existing library to create a new version of this data area, and then, if necessary, change it to specify any values you previously used.

Failure to address this data area YBRTPXA difference could result in a number of 2E environmental issues including:

• CPD0078 error message: Value '*NONE' for parameter PGM not a valid name.

• Display files and programs compile successfully, but you receive an error message that they ended abnormally.

Best regards Anette-Nicole

• 3.  Re: YGENSRC job has (technical) error messages in the joblog
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 03, 2015 11:32 AM

Hello Ueli,

I think you are  not completely up-to-date with your 2E release.

There was a fix for this small cosmetic issue in 2E 8.6 Cumulative PTF C and 2E 8.7:

C22E 502

The following two messages appear unnecessarily in the job log:

■ Value for parameter MSGID not a valid name. CPD0078 Sev 30

■ Error found on ADDMSGD command. CPD000 Sev 30

You don't need to worry about these messages in your YGENSRC joblog, there is no real problem.

I hope that reassures you.

Best wishes,

Steve Dunk

CA 2E Support