DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  i want custom message for the robot inactive alarm and disk alarm

Posted Sep 10, 2015 02:18 AM

i want to change the alert description of nimsoft alarm. As of now we are getting disk name like D:\ instead of this name i want only Drive name like D or E.

Is it possible in UIM7.6? please help me

• 2.  Re: i want custom message for the robot inactive alarm and disk alarm

Posted Sep 10, 2015 08:32 AM

I don't believe that the robot inactive message is modifiable in the probe. In order to change it, you'd need to set up a preprocessing script to modify it before being stored, or an AO profile that matched the incorrect message text and updated it to the correct text. Both will require writing code in LUA.

The CDM probe allows you to create alternative messages - look to "Setup->Message Definitions". Just create a message with the text you want. Then on the drive disk usage configuration page use that new message rather than the default. Sounds like you'll need to create a message per drive in order to get the text you want.

-Garin

• 3.  Re: i want custom message for the robot inactive alarm and disk alarm

Posted Sep 10, 2015 10:17 PM

Hi Gavin,

I have tried get required alert description but i am not getting the Drive name like D or C. it displays like D:\ or C:\.

would it be possible to get the drive name like simple D or C?

• 4.  Re: i want custom message for the robot inactive alarm and disk alarm

Posted Sep 28, 2015 04:19 AM

Hi singhmohit,

You can get the drive name with the variable "$filesystem"

Damien

• 5.  Re: i want custom message for the robot inactive alarm and disk alarm

Posted Sep 30, 2015 10:12 AM

Hi Damien,

I have checked with $filesys also, but still i am getting drive name like C:\.

: