CA Service Management

• 1.  Identify group change

Posted Aug 28, 2015 09:02 AM

Hey guys!!!

Theres a argument or something that i can use to idenfity a group value change?

The request is:

I need to alert the analyst when the group previously attached is changed, i think in something like:

$args.group_old or any other argument that tell me that the primary value of the group has changed!!

Many thanx!!!!

• 2.  Re: Identify group change

Posted Aug 28, 2015 09:27 AM

Hi diegolimabsb,

I am not sure exactly what you mean by "argument that tells me that the primary value of group has changed" - but what I think you mean is that you want to notify the assignee on a ticket whenever the group field is updated.  The only supported way to do this would be to create an activity association with an activity type of "field update" and the object would be the group.  This would then log an activity whenever the group field is updated.  You can then set up an activity notification for this new activity to notify the assignee on a ticket when this occurs.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Identify group change

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 30, 2015 10:43 PM

Hi diegolimabsb,

If you create a new Site-defined Condition Macro and attach it to an Event as shown below, a notification will be sent out to a Group and a group members when an assigned Group is changed.

Macro.jpg

Condition.jpg

Event01.jpg

Event02.jpg

Hope the above helps.

Thank you,

Kaori

• 4.  Re: Identify group change

Posted Aug 31, 2015 06:18 AM

Before we all get ahead of ourselves , I think we need some context here...

Do you need to notify someone when the group changes on the ticket or when the actual group record gets changed?

• 5.  Re: Identify group change

Posted Aug 31, 2015 09:22 AM

Hello guys!!

Thank you for all the answers!

Sorry for the delay in returning to the discussion and sorry if i cant could not be clear in explaining!

In fact, what I need is some trigger or argument to show me that the initial group was modified, so that, with this trigger, I can make a customization in the request and incident form; for example:

I need to put a group field on read-only mode if the analyst attempt to change the group that is already there...

Something like…

< PDM_IF " $ args.old.group " == "exemple ">

<PDM_MACRO …dtlReadonly…>

<PDM_ELSE>

<PDM_MACRO …>

• 6.  Re: Identify group change
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2015 04:54 PM

Not sure if I understand fully but throw this out anyway...

this in detail_cr.htmpl file in the "edit" session:

if ("$args.group.combo_name"=="G1,,") {

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlDropdown hdr="Priority" attr=priority evt="onBlur=\\\"detailSyncEditForms(this)\\\"">

}

else {

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlReadonly hdr="Priority" attr=priority>

}

will do this: if the group="G1", allow priority to be a dropdown and editable otherwise it is a read only display.

• 7.  Re: Identify group change

Posted Sep 08, 2015 07:54 PM

Hi Diego - Did the responses help you resolve your issue? If so please mark the appropriate as Correct Answer. Thanks! Chris