Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Email listener - Information on sender/subject

Posted Sep 01, 2016 05:51 AM

Hi All,

I am trying to poll an emailbox with the gateway and logging the details on emails in that mailbox. I have set-up an email listener, on an emailbox that listens for email. This listener guides the mail through a webapi (/email*) that picks up the message and puts it in a context variable. However this is only the message itself, i also want information on the sender/ Subject etc. I tried several different context variables but none seem to work. Some of the context vars i have tried to pick up information of the email:

${request.http.allheadervalues}, ${request.http.headervalues}, ${request.headervalues}, ${request.ssl.sessionid}, ${request.tcp.remoteIP} , ${request.ssl.sessionid}, ${request.tcp.remoteIP},

Can anybody tell me what context would contain information on the subject, sender, ipadress etc?

Many Thanks,

Jan Jaap

• 2.  Re: Email listener - Information on sender/subject
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 01, 2016 11:29 PM

Jan,

Good evening. We have just validated this functionality on our internal system and review the source code and the only context variable that is stored is for the request. The other values that you outlined are not stored to context variables. Please add an Idea through our community to have this functionality added.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support

• 3.  Re: Email listener - Information on sender/subject

Posted Sep 02, 2016 12:57 AM

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for checking this in the source code. I will suggest this as new functionality.

Kind regards,

Jan Jaap

• 4.  Re: Email listener - Information on sender/subject

Posted Sep 02, 2016 04:46 AM

Just for reference, the Idea for this is here: Add additional context variables for Email Listeners