DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Adding Probes to USM

Posted Oct 19, 2011 08:14 PM

First off, I would like to state Im fairly new to Nimbus, so forgive me if this is not a terribly great question.

Is it even possible to add probes to USM?  The listing that is currently there seems fairly limited compared to what is available in our archive.  If there is not a good way to add probes to USM, what would be the best practice for automatic deployment of probes?

I would prefer to use USM becuase I like the ability to have dynamic groups based on filters and then also being able to weight them appropriately.

• 2.  Re: Adding Probes to USM

Posted Nov 30, 2012 07:49 PM
    First, make sure that you have the latest version of probes in your local archive. What you are trying to accomplish is called SOC or Service Oriented Configuration using USM to apply monitoring templates to groups. the ACE probe is what searches your local archive for SOC enabled probes and adds them to the SOC library so they show up as monitors. If you have the most recent probes, try to restart ACE and see if it will pickup the probes that are missing. Hope this helps.