CA Service Management

• 1.  Approval policy in Catalog

Posted May 13, 2016 11:53 AM

Hi Team,

We have implemented a catalog form with table component.

like row -> Multiple columns.

we have few columns like citirx, exchange,middleware etc with select options of Yes/No

so if particular user select citrix = Yes then it should assigned to a particular group for approval.

so my requirement is i need to capture citrix or other values in the Approval policies.

i have given in the policy like $(anySoWith('status', lteq, 800) && (_.service.name=='Server Build Service3') && (_.sog['Server Build Single Form'].serviceoption[1].form['Server Build Form'].win_wir_cirtix=='Yes'))

but its not working.

but same condition is working if citrix is a normal field on the form instead of column.

can you suggest me how to retrieve a column value ?

Thank you,

Regards,

santoshi.P

• 2.  Re: Approval policy in Catalog
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 06, 2016 11:59 AM

Hi Santoshi,

I believe that there was a case raised for the same issue which was owned by myself and that was already resolved as per the below solution provided.

Good case condition:

===================

$(anySoWith('status',lteq,800) &&(_.service.name=='Service_Name')&&(_.sog['Test'].serviceoption[1].form['from_test'].proj_name=='Testproj'))

Bad case Condition:

==================

$(anySoWith('status',lteq,800) &&(_.service.name=='Service_Name')&&(_.sog['Test'].serviceoption[1].form['from_test']._proj_name=='Testproj'))

Identified that there is a small typo error within the condition syntax which was changed accordingly i.e. "._proj_name=='Testproj'" was corrected to ".proj_name=='Testproj'"

Let me know if you have any additional queries in regards to this question, if not please mark this answer as correct

• 3.  Re: Approval policy in Catalog

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 08, 2016 08:26 AM

Hi Santoshi.

With the option as provided by you: "but same condition is working if citrix is a normal field on the form instead of column.".
    I then can suggest to create a hidden/disabled field on the form and populate that with the value of the column.
    And use that field in the policy condition?

And you could then add an Idea in the Community to get the functionality as you described, to be reviewed for a future release of the product?

The next pages are SM14.1 wiki pages for documentation on this subject:
    http://wiki.ca.com/rest/ca/product/latest/topic?hid=HowtoCreateaCondition.html&space=CASM1401&language=&format=rendered
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/using/request-management/request-management-using-ca-service-catalog/request-management-from-an-administrator-perspective/use-policies-to-manage-requests/types-of-conditions/conditions-based-on-the-fields-of-form-designer-forms

Thanks and kind regards, Louis.

• 4.  Re: Approval policy in Catalog

Posted Jun 14, 2016 04:46 PM

Hi santoshiw   - Did any of the responses help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!