DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Adding, updating and deleting devices in agentless probes like rsp, net_connect and interface_traffic using probe callbacks

Posted Feb 23, 2012 10:29 PM

Hi all,

Is there any probe callback which allows for addition, updation and deletion of devices in agentless probes like rsp, net_connect and interface_traffic ? I check the callback each of the three probes offer but they don't have such callbacks.

When it comes to manually add 50-100 devices in these probes, it's quite hectic task and that's why we are exploring if this could be done via scripts.

Regards,

Amit Saxena

• 2.  Re: Adding, updating and deleting devices in agentless probes like rsp, net_connect and interface_tr

Posted Feb 24, 2012 06:25 AM

You can use the probe_config_set callback on the controller to update config files. Most probes do not update their config files directly. Normally that is done through the controller.

• 3.  Re: Adding, updating and deleting devices in agentless probes like rsp, net_connect and interface_tr

Posted Feb 24, 2012 09:41 AM

Hi Keith,

That means, I should use probe_config_get and probe_config_put to receive and update configurations of agentless probes like rsp, net_connect and interface_traffic respectively.

I haven't used probe_config_get/put as much as other callbacks. Will it be possible for you to send a sample example depicting the usage of probe_config_get/put for addition of a device in net_connect probe ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Amit Saxena

• 4.  Re: Adding, updating and deleting devices in agentless probes like rsp, net_connect and interface_tr

Posted Feb 24, 2012 07:08 PM

There are examples of the usage of the probe_config_set callback here (your thread regarding the processes probe):

http://forum.nimsoft.com/t5/General/Callback-for-Addition-Deletion-Modification-of-profiles-in/m-p/10803

If you need to find out what options need to be set in the net_connect probe config, just look in the existing probe config for a profile that is already defined the way you want the new ones to be setup. (Or if you do not have any profiles in net_connect yet, just create a dummy profile configured the way you want but disabled.)

• 5.  Re: Adding, updating and deleting devices in agentless probes like rsp, net_connect and interface_tr

Posted Feb 24, 2012 08:14 PM

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the details. I did remember that thread however I was not sure how to apply the same scenario in case of net_connect probe as an example. I don't have much experience with callbacks where I have to pass a PDS as an argument.

Anyway, let me try with a sample code here, will revert with the status.

Regards,

Amit Saxena