CA Service Management

• 1.  On what topics in IT Asset Manager would you like to see more information?

Posted Apr 19, 2016 06:21 PM

We are soliciting the IT Asset Manager community for topics where we can provide more detailed knowledge documents or best practices type information.
    On what topics in IT Asset Manager (Asset Portfolio Manager and Software Asset Manager) would you like to see more information?

For example, in the areas of data importer (creating map files, scheduling jobs), creating and managing global and local configurations, Asset Portfolio Manager and Software Asset Manager integration, APM and Service Desk integration, securing the environment (SSL), APM promotion, or other?

• 2.  Re: On what topics in IT Asset Manager would you like to see more information?

Posted Apr 19, 2016 06:27 PM

Thanks for reaching out to the community for input Gale! Chime in here those using IT Asset Manager

GALE BACON wrote:

We are soliciting the IT Asset Manager community for topics where we can provide more detailed knowledge documents or best practices type information.
    On what topics in IT Asset Manager (Asset Portfolio Manager and Software Asset Manager) would you like to see more information?

For example, in the areas of data importer (creating map files, scheduling jobs), creating and managing global and local configurations, Asset Portfolio Manager and Software Asset Manager integration, APM and Service Desk integration, securing the environment (SSL), APM promotion, or other?

• 3.  Re: On what topics in IT Asset Manager would you like to see more information?

Posted Apr 20, 2016 05:01 AM

Hi Gale,

something that I really would like to have is a better documentation of webservice. There is no information at all if you want to use SOAP Calls to edit data in ITAM.

This is something almost ervery of of my customer is asking for. In the meantime I understood how I works, but it took me a very long time to find out.

Cheers,

Markus

• 4.  Re: On what topics in IT Asset Manager would you like to see more information?

Posted Apr 20, 2016 10:34 AM

Thanks Markus - got it on my list now!

• 5.  Re: On what topics in IT Asset Manager would you like to see more information?

Posted Jun 10, 2016 10:19 AM

Hi,

Yes, I'd like to second Markus' request:

It would be useful to have an offline version (PDF, Word or HTML) of the CA Asset Portfolio Management Web Services / SOAP documentation. I can see the online documentation in the APM management console (Administration / Web Services) but we need an offline copy that we can send by e-mail to developers and other stakeholders.

/Heikki

• 6.  Re: On what topics in IT Asset Manager would you like to see more information?

Posted Jun 13, 2016 02:05 PM

Thanks Heikki,   I also see you have a support request in for the same information.  I will see what we can do.

Best Regards,

Gale Bacon

CA Technologies