Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Anyone used the "Send Email Alert" assertion with attachments.

Posted Aug 19, 2016 04:06 PM

We have a service that allows users to send a formatted JSON request to the gateway to send an email using the 'Send Email Alert' assertion.  We're getting requests from clients to include attachments.  The email client of the standard assertion does not include a place for attachments nor am I sure where we would store or address such documents if it did.

It would seem to me, however, that if a message body was MIME encoded with an included attachment it could be referred to via a context variable and sent via the assertion.  Unfortunately, I would have no idea how to do such a thing.

Has anybody done any such thing or have any other ideas that might work.

• 2.  Re: Anyone used the "Send Email Alert" assertion with attachments.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2016 01:28 PM

The email alert assertion does not currently support attachments.  A way this might be implemented would be to leverage the custom assertion toolkit to build your own custom assertion which could send an email, and provide attachments for data that could potentially be pulled out of policy.

-GD

• 3.  Re: Anyone used the "Send Email Alert" assertion with attachments.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2016 01:48 PM

Pete,

To add to Geoff comment, I would suggest you create an Idea through the community to request this functionality so other members can get updated with feature requests and add weight for our product management to review.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support

• 4.  Re: Anyone used the "Send Email Alert" assertion with attachments.

Posted Aug 31, 2016 09:25 PM

Thanks guys.  It isn't important enough for us to invest in creating a custom assertion.  I like the suggestion to post an idea.  It was something that was asked about as a "nice to have" kind of thing.