Clarity

• 1.  Process issue - post Clarity 14.2 upgrade

Posted Mar 16, 2016 08:26 AM

Hi

We found two issues with existing processes after upgrading to 14.2

1. Update of Custom object (child object of Project object) triggers the Project's Processes involuntarily. Only condition with update condition are triggered, irrespective of satisfying the condition. Please note no associated sub processes, linked object in processes.

2. Conversion of Idea to Project triggers the Idea's processes automatically. Please note no associated sub processes, linked object in processes.

For the first issue, we found one of the processes in custom object whose update condition has got the Virtual attribute in it. So I put on hold of this process, none of the Project's process triggers. To check if it occurs again for similar custom object, I created custom object and kept the same condition of virtual attribute in the process. Same issue. Strange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For Second issue, There is no availability of any virtual field in any of process with either Project or IDEA. When we convert to project (even after disabling all process of project including the project creation), Idea's process triggers involuntarily. I thought the Originating Idea, Site OBS, Department OBS are creating issue, as they are virtual fields available in project view. So removed those from views, but still I've this issue

Could anyone have ever faced this issue? If so, please advise.

FYI, we 've version 14.2.0.237 07 16 in Dev and 14.2.0.237 in Production. Issue occurs in both version.

We've rebooted the server and also restarted the services. No Ghost BG services are available

Thanks

Sree

• 2.  Re: Process issue - post Clarity 14.2 upgrade

Posted Mar 17, 2016 05:07 AM

- If not done already, can you try re-evaluating the start condition expressions of the processes which are being triggered involuntarily?

- When an update is done on your custom sub object instance of project, do you observe any events(go to Process Engines->Events) related to project instance being captured?

• 3.  Re: Process issue - post Clarity 14.2 upgrade

Posted Mar 17, 2016 08:02 AM

Hi Sridhar,

Thanks for your reply.

I've already evaluated the condition of each process. No issues with the process. They were working fine with the version 13.2, but this strange behavior is happening only with version 14.2.

Also in event, I could first 20 received/Sent events, do have the Project processes events.

But I need to know why this happened. I even tried to put on trace, but couldn't able to capture the event flow

Thanks

Sreeram

• 4.  Re: Process issue - post Clarity 14.2 upgrade

Posted Mar 17, 2016 12:31 PM

We ran into similar issues with 13.3 and had to update Start Conditions for nearly all processes to prevent them from starting inadvertently.  For example, for all Idea Update processes we added a clause to the condition to start only if the Status value did not equal converted.