Archive

Expand all | Collapse all

BI Reporting Server. Connection problem

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  BI Reporting Server. Connection problem

Posted 12-20-2015 07:38 AM

We have installed the BusinessObjects on our reporting server where we have our BI Server, we have run the file installuniverse.bat on BI server. But we can not see any report generate by the server we did not find any error while configuring installuniverse.bat file.

Thank you

Regards

• 2.  Re: BI Reporting Server. Connection problem

Posted 12-21-2015 12:47 AM

Hello Fayyaz,

Enable IDM Manage console and check the connection details for the report server.

Thanks,

Reatesh.

• 3.  Re: BI Reporting Server. Connection problem
    Best Answer

Posted 12-21-2015 10:46 AM

Fayyaz

Business Objects Reporting is a common reporting for many CA Products, so it would help if you could clarify which CA Application(s) are being installed alongside Business Objects.  However in the same vein as Reatesh  update above, you need to ensure that the CA Component has a user that can access the BI Sever Reports.  For example in the context of Data Protection (DataMinder) there are two approaches to enable the account mapping:

■ You can manually create the required BusinessObjects accounts on the BI Server.

■ You can set up LDAP authentication, whereby BusinessObjects uses an LDAP directory to validate logon attempts by CA Data Protection reviewers.

For more information please refer to the CA Data Protection Reports Integration Guide.

• 4.  Re: BI Reporting Server. Connection problem

Posted 12-22-2015 02:53 AM

Dear Devan

I am sorry that I did not explain what product we are using. We are using DLP 15.0 on Windows 2012 Server. and we would like to generate reports from BI. The file which I mentioned in my previous message (installuniverse.bat) we took this file from the media of DLP and copy this file in BI Server and run it. AFter running this file we configure the configuration between DLP Server and BI Server. We can see DLP server in BI Console but we don't know the configuration is right or something wrong because didn't get any error on BI. I hope now it more clear to you.

Thank you 

Regards