Curious is anyone has gotten the oracle 4.53 probe working with 11g client on an *nix box? We are struggling and wondering if any one can confirm that they have gotten this to work. We have 4.52 working with 10g but want 11g
I can confirm it IS supported for 11G, you can check your specific platform here:
Also check this from the product release notes (old but still vaild):
1. Make sure, the Oracle Client is set up and configured correctly. Oracle libraries have to be in system PATH. On LINUX the environmental variables ORACLE_SID and ORACLE_HOME have to be set for the Nimsoft controller. This can be done either in the controller GUI, or by editing the starting script 'nimbus', usualy located at /etc/init.d (the robot needs to be restarted).
2. Get the package oracle.zip from Internet Updates.
3. Get a valid license from http://www.nimsoft.no
. 4. Install oracle.zip on the machine running Oracle Client (use drag & drop from Nimbus Archive).
5. Double click on oracle probe to launch probe property sheet.
6. Configure the probe acc. to your specifications and connection requirements.
Note: On UNIX/Linux platforms make sure the $ORACLE_HOME libraries are in the pathbefore starting Nimsoft robot.To load the shared libraries on Linux machine make sure “Current Enforcing Mode” of SELinux is set to permissive mode.
Supported Oracle versions and clients For supported combinations of Oracle servers and clients, please see the probe documentation.
Thanks Carl - I do appreciate the response. It will be nice to see a CA/Nimbus rep more active out here on the forums. That being said IS supported and actually works are two different things. We have a support case open, I just want to confirm that is does actually work.
Like I mention in my previous post, I have been gaining traction and you can expect more of us soon! Anything useful in the logs? Maybe you can attach them here?