Plex 2E

• 1.  GUI tool recommendation

Posted Jun 22, 2015 02:25 PM

Hi folks, are there any good GUI product out there? We have 13,000+ green screens for GUI. Besides Rocket's LegaSuite are there any other recommendation?

Keith

• 2.  Re: GUI tool recommendation

Posted Jun 22, 2015 05:39 PM

Used this over ten years ago and liked it then as it was built by 2E guys for 2E Welcome Quickstep

But that was ten years so I would contact them to see what they have done in the last 10 years (it was not browser based)

i like the look of but can not vouch for yet is  Genie - Refacing Tool for 5250 Screens | Profound Logic Software because of the talent behind it now Press Releases | Profound Logic Software 

Please search these forms as there has been millions of discussions over the years on this by 2E customers.

Re: Since Internet Exployer is being sunsetted and CA only supports exployer for Web2E, don't you think that for the maintenance fee that CA should be developing a new solution? Is Web2E going to be sunsetted also?

RE: 2e modernization

Edge Forum Archive - [Edge] Advantage 2E Family - Making a GUI 2e Application.

Edge Forum Archive - [Edge] Advantage 2E Family - Webfacing/Web2e/HATS issues with Synon-generated systems

• 3.  Re: GUI tool recommendation

Posted Sep 03, 2015 05:08 AM

Profound Logic just got stronger by hiring Ted Holt The Four Hundred--Profound Hires Guru Editor; Begins IBM i Internship Program

• 4.  Re: GUI tool recommendation

Posted Jun 22, 2015 06:55 PM

Are you just after a screen scraper to make the application look more up to date - or are you looking at modernising the application to take advantage of newer platforms and interfaces?

There are lots of options - just need to focus on your real needs here.

Regards,

Darryl