Clarity

• 1.  Create Your Own Personal Dashboard in CA PPM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 29, 2015 12:56 PM

As a CA PPM user, you can create your own portlets and pages in the application using the same functionality that is available in Studio for developers.

You can add your content to a special type of portlet page called a personal dashboard. You can even share your dashboard with other users and export your information to Excel, PowerPoint, and other applications.

You can view this and other interesting articles in the CA PPM Cookbook on Flipboard. You can view in your web browser or download the Flipboard mobile app to take the CA PPM cookbook articles with you wherever you go.

http://flip.it/blURd

Sincerely,

Damon Logiudice

CA PPM Principal Information Services Engineer

CA Technologies

• 2.  Re: Create Your Own Personal Dashboard in CA PPM

Posted Oct 29, 2015 06:58 PM

Thanks for sharing this with the community Damon!

Damon Logiudice wrote:

As a CA PPM user, you can create your own portlets and pages in the application using the same functionality that is available in Studio for developers.

You can add your content to a special type of portlet page called a personal dashboard. You can even share your dashboard with other users and export your information to Excel, PowerPoint, and other applications.

You can view this and other interesting articles in the CA PPM Cookbook on Flipboard. You can view in your web browser or download the Flipboard mobile app to take the CA PPM cookbook articles with you wherever you go.

http://flip.it/blURd

Sincerely,

Damon Logiudice

CA PPM Principal Information Services Engineer

CA Technologies

• 3.  Re: Create Your Own Personal Dashboard in CA PPM

Posted Oct 30, 2015 01:50 AM

Thanks for sharing this Damon

Regards

NJ

• 4.  Re: Create Your Own Personal Dashboard in CA PPM

Posted Oct 30, 2015 04:33 AM

Thanks for this Damon.

One thing to note is that you may find the use of the jaspersoft dashboards more appropriate for your users.

This will export out much better and will even work on ipads

• 5.  Re: Create Your Own Personal Dashboard in CA PPM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 30, 2015 08:02 AM

That's true too. 14.2 and 14.3 offer dashboards through Jaspersoft integration. My sense is that I can control and refresh the data better with Studio. And write my own NSQL queries. Whereas I have to use a separate data warehouse schema and wait for an ETL job to get refreshed Jasper data. How do others feel about dashboards? What are others building out there?

• 6.  Re: Create Your Own Personal Dashboard in CA PPM

Posted Oct 30, 2015 09:00 AM
    • If the administrator creates a new domain that reads from the clarity database as opposed to the dwh, then you can see updates in real time.
    • The major drawback on using dashboard pages is that it can't be shared with other users easily (they have to rebuild), where as with jaspersoft I can simply copy to another folder.
    • The other catch is that end users cannot create/re-build nsql portlets, they would need admin privileges! So they are stuck re-configuring or pestering admin for changes/new portlets

The instructions are really clear for the dashboard pages, appreciate the work Damon!