CA Service Management

• 1.  CA SDM 14.1 and CA Mobility

Posted Sep 21, 2015 02:31 AM

Hi All,

We have installed SDM 14.1 in our environment and we are planning to use the mobile feature in our environment.

I went through the documentation available for CA SDM 14.1 Mobility - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation

I can see most of the points related to Service catalog. I believe to use the mobile feature , we have to deploy the sample application(mobiledemo) in the CATALINAREST folder(correct me if I m wrong)

Can someone please guide me on the mobility part(like how to install, customize etc)

We have customized our .htmpl pages in CA SDM 14.1, so can these be incorporated in the mobile applications as well?

Thanks

Pushpith

• 2.  Re: CA SDM 14.1 and CA Mobility
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 21, 2015 08:39 AM

Hi Pushpith,

Basically all that the Mobile app needs for SDM is the RESTFUL web services to be deployed.  This is done when pdm_configure is run.  If you already have REST deployed, then all you need to do is install the mobile app on an Apple or Android device by getting it from the respective app store, and then enter the URL with the REST port (8050 by default) on the app to connect.  As for customizations, no, you cannot import customizations into the mobile interface.  We do not support the customization of the mobile app interface at this time. At the current time, through the mobile app, you can create new tickets, edit existing tickets, view activity logs, escalate, add comments etc.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: CA SDM 14.1 and CA Mobility

Posted Sep 22, 2015 06:24 AM

Thanks Jon... if there is anything else..i'll get back to you

Thanks

Pushpith 

• 4.  Re: CA SDM 14.1 and CA Mobility

Posted Sep 23, 2015 08:49 AM

Hi Jon,

Below are the things which I did in our DMZ server:

1. Install SDM 14.1 alongwith REST webservices.

2. Deployed the mobiledemo app in the CATALINAREST webapps folder.

I tried to open http://cadmserver:8050/casdm and logged in to the Analyst Queue with proper credentials. I can see only the options attached in the Screenshot

I'm not able to find an option to create a Inc/Req Ticket.

Kindly help

mobile.jpg

mobile1.jpg

Thanks

Pushpith

• 5.  Re: CA SDM 14.1 and CA Mobility

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 23, 2015 09:27 AM

Hi Pushpith,

You would have to use the CA Service Management app from Apple AppStore or Google Playstore  to see the Create Ticket capability.

Chrome would allow only partial functionality. http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1494738.aspx    explains a bit more on how you can change Chrome for simulating a device.  But again, it would not show the create ticket capability.

_R

• 6.  Re: CA SDM 14.1 and CA Mobility

Posted Sep 23, 2015 10:27 AM

Thanks Raghu,

I'll check and get back.

• 7.  Re: CA SDM 14.1 and CA Mobility

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 23, 2015 10:51 AM

When using the CA Service Management mobile app, the URL you use is just   http://sdmnode:RestPort

You do not need to use /casdm towards the end like you used in the Chrome browser (to access the UI)

• 8.  Re: CA SDM 14.1 and CA Mobility

Posted Sep 24, 2015 06:04 AM

Thanks Raghu,

I would like to understand few points here,

1. What are the pages which we view in the mobile app(like html,asp etc); what is the physical location of these files.

2. Can we customize these pages.

3. Can we restrict access to mobile app or our URL for some of the users.

I checked in the CASDM directory but all I could find were the .js files.

• 9.  Re: CA SDM 14.1 and CA Mobility

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 24, 2015 09:26 AM

Johnny,

I’ll try to answer your questions inline below

1. What are the pages which we view in the mobile app(like html,asp etc); what is the physical location of these files.

Answer: The mobile app (you can add custom SDM fields to the mobile app screens) depends on heavily on the code SDM:RestPort/casdm  code.   So, any customizations there might make the app not function at all.  If you are looking for developing a custom server side app, then we do have some sample REST API application called mobiledemo  in NX_ROOT/samples/sdk/rest. Instructions are here https://wiki.ca.com/display/CASM1401/DeploytheRESTMobileSampleUserInterface?src=search

Note: The CA Service Management mobile app on the Apple/Google stores, cannot use this mobiledemo.

2. Can we customize these pages.

Answer: see above

3. Can we restrict access to mobile app or our URL for some of the users.

Answer:

a)    The server side casdm application is hosted on our REST tomcat.  So, if there are some IP specific restrictions that can be identified, you can code the REST Tomcat to restrict some IPs/hosts etc.,

b)    Another option is to remove REST ROLE permissions for access types that wont need access to specific items. Example – Analyst Queue capability is only available to users with specific function accesses (https://wiki.ca.com/display/CASM/VerifythePrerequisitesforCAServiceManagementMobileEnabler --> To access Service Desk capability, associate the logged in users for Analyst Queue with the REST Web Service API role. Ensure that theAdministration, Security, and Reference function accesses of this role are assigned with the View or Modify access levels.

Hope this helps

_R

• 10.  Re: CA SDM 14.1 and CA Mobility

Posted Sep 25, 2015 12:45 AM

Thanks Raghu, if there is anything else i'll update you.