CA Service Management

• 1.  Options manager in progress

Posted Dec 18, 2015 03:10 PM

Hello,

I've a 14.1 Service Desk environment that was installed and then i take a mdb from another 14.1 and restored to the first environment.

My problem is  the following: If i try to install an option in the option manager it stays "in progress". Suppor told me to check the 8dot3 notation and is enable but you can't see the short notation in the files from the command promp when you type dir /X.

Support told me that i had to reinstall SDM to solved the problem, has anyone faced this?

Regards.

• 2.  Re: Options manager in progress

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 18, 2015 05:31 PM

Jason, did you check the stdlog? Also, beside this problem do you see some other problem as well? Thanks _Chi

• 3.  Re: Options manager in progress
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 21, 2015 12:52 AM

Hi Jason,

8 dot 3 file notation is mandatory prior installing the SDM. Reinstalling the SDM would be the best approach because it might encounter some more new problems in the future.

Thanks,

Naveen

• 4.  Re: Options manager in progress

Posted Jan 27, 2016 11:21 PM

Jason,

I have had this issue before and if 8dot3name is not enabled on the volume where you installed then you must cleanly uninstall SDM and then reinstall after 8dot3name is enabled.

As Naveen mentioned there are too many dependencies on this requirement to try any other approach.

Good luck.

JW