CA Service Management

• 1.  change status ticket when we register a solution

Posted Dec 23, 2015 06:55 AM

is it possible that when I register a solution in a ticket, for example incident, the status ticket changes automatically to resolved/closed (for example)?.

Regards.

• 2.  Re: change status ticket when we register a solution
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 28, 2015 01:15 PM

Hello,

If you consider that a solution registration is made by menu (Activities / Register Solution) then it can be simple. This consists "Activities Notification" (I'm sorry but i have only Portuguese Language version and maybe the translation is not correct).

First you must create an Event. This Event must contain an Action Macro that change the ticket status to RESOLVED (the good news: this Action Macro exists by default on SDM). After this, insert this Event on Activity Notification with the code "SOLN".

Action Macro --> Event --> Activities Notification

For Example:

1 - Create a new Event as the following Example. On "Action guide", click in "Update Actions when True".

2 - On next screen, find the Action Macro that changes the Status to Resolved (or Closed).This looks like that:

3 - Click on button OK and Save the Event. You can also modify the Configuration Guide as your needs.

4 - Now go to Activities Notification and find the object "Register Solution" (code SOLN)

5 - On button "Update Event", insert the Event that you created.

Done!

What the Activities Notification do is execute this Event when a Solution is recorded on ticket. When a solution is register, a log appears on ticket and the Event is actioned. In this case, the status is modified.

• 3.  Re: change status ticket when we register a solution

Posted Dec 29, 2015 02:21 AM

Hi Fabiano,

It's ok, How you say is very simple. I didn't test this possibility. The solution works nice.

Thanks so much.

Regards.

• 4.  Re: change status ticket when we register a solution

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 28, 2015 03:28 PM

You may want to consider Quick Profile and then Qucik Close ...

button from the Scratchpad. This way, you register/open a ticket and it closes right away.