Archive

Expand all | Collapse all

Legal Disclaimer in Search Definitions not working?

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Legal Disclaimer in Search Definitions not working?

Posted 01-06-2016 04:27 PM

Hi All,

I'm trying to utilize the legal tag in the <search> element to change the disclaimer at the bottom of a search or report definition away from the 'Copyright © 2013 CA. All rights reserved.' string of text. From what I can tell from the documentation, this can be overridden. However, in 14.5, 14.6, and 15.0 I can't get this to show any effect in the search results for a search or a report, or in the print or export display modes.

Is this feature broken or depreciated, or am I doing something wrong? The XML passes the Schematron validation!

Per the documentation:

Steps to duplicate:

1. Log in the the iConsole as an administrator

2. Export a working search definition. In my example, I'll use the CAR report.

3. Add the following into the <search> element:

legal="This text will be lost in the ether forever!"

4. Rename the report and description so you can pick it out easier later

5. Import the search back into the iConsole

6. Run it like it's hot

7. Take a peep at the disclaimer (screenshot from 14.5):

• 2.  Re: Legal Disclaimer in Search Definitions not working?
    Best Answer

Posted 01-07-2016 06:59 AM

Beeks

Brian,

I have tried adding the 'Legal' attribute in a 15.0 search and report and neither appear to be working.  The documentation for 15.0 clearly states this as a feature so it looks like this is broken.  I will raise the matter with CA Data Protection Engineering.

Regards

Andy Devine

CA Technologies

Snr. Support Engineer

• 3.  Re: Legal Disclaimer in Search Definitions not working?

Posted 01-07-2016 10:46 AM

Thanks for the sanity check, Andy. I might bug you later on for a case number, our current CA logins are acting up with the year change

• 4.  Re: Legal Disclaimer in Search Definitions not working?

Posted 01-25-2016 03:21 PM

@Andy,

Here's another depreciated iConsole search feature:

Data Grid Styles

When designing a portlet with a lstChartType = 6 (grid) it is not possible to specify a cell specific style based on cell contents. I've tried all combinations  

I would use the self-service feedback link but that is broken for me in both IE and Firefox.

• 5.  Re: Legal Disclaimer in Search Definitions not working?

Posted 03-21-2016 04:43 AM

Beeks

I have raised the documentation issues with Engineering and the Technical Writing Team.  They have confirmed that the legal attribute has only one usage in the code i.e. If prefixed with ‘*’ has the same effect as task_page="true" and the documentation will be updated accordingly.

I will provide further feedback on the Data Grids in due course.

Regards

Andy

• 6.  Re: Legal Disclaimer in Search Definitions not working?

Posted 03-21-2016 09:57 AM

@Andy Thanks for the update! I know we have better things to do than nitpick developer responses, but I would challenge that. I took a look myself, and it just seems that the legal definition might be better off removed from documentation entirely. Setting the legal="*" in the XML does *not* behave like task_page=true, it actually does nothing in my tests.

Looking in the schema definition included in the product for this XML, this attribute is marked as optional with a default (2001 CA.) Modifying the default value here, yields no effect as expected.

Looking in the client side JavaScript, I don't see any call to actually set this string in the browser dynamically based on the XML definition passed to the browser.

Where is this "legal disclaimer" coming from then? Localized string in main.aspx.

• 7.  Re: Legal Disclaimer in Search Definitions not working?

Posted 03-29-2016 04:20 AM

Beeks

Brian,

Engineering has advised that setting the legal="*" does behave like task_page=true, in their test environments. 

This topic is drifting away from a discussion and towards a support request, I suggest that you raise this as a support ticket so we can dig further into your specific issue.

Regards

Andy Devine

• 8.  Re: Legal Disclaimer in Search Definitions not working?

Posted 03-29-2016 09:06 AM

OK, thanks Andy! Always a professional.