DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Problem installing robot on Linux server

Posted Dec 05, 2013 08:51 PM

I am attempting to install a robot on a Limux server. It gets to the point where it asks location of install files. I enter /nimsoftinstalls/ as I have many times, and it just repeats the request over and over. I am very light when it comes to linux so here is the information I have gathered.

Server version

Linux webfilemgr 2.6.32-36-generic-pae #79-Ubuntu SMP Tue 8 23:25:26 UTC 201

1 i686 GNU/Linux

Files I am using

install_LINUX_23_64.zip

nimldr.tar.Z

I am not sure if there are different files for 64bit or if that even matters with Linux. But any help would be much appreciated.

Gordon

• 2.  Re: Problem installing robot on Linux server

Posted Dec 05, 2013 10:29 PM

Make sure the ip and fqdn your setting the robot to is in /etc/hosts as this can cause problems if your using ip_alias or natting make sure the nat ip is in /etc/hosts not the public ip.

I have seen that cause install failures and robot startup issues.

• 3.  Re: Problem installing robot on Linux server

Posted Dec 05, 2013 11:55 PM

It usually reports on IP issues in my experience. Usually when it just repeats the question, it fails to find the correct package for your OS.

_64 is the package for 64-bit OS, one without _64 is for 32-bit.

Also, I usualy check bitness with "getconf LONG_BIT", I find it to be the easiest way.

-jon

• 4.  Re: Problem installing robot on Linux server
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 06, 2013 02:32 PM

Try the below command which can give additonal info of the correct package to use

./nimldr -Q

In your case looks like you should use the install_LINUX_23.zip

Also can try using the latest nimldr and install_linux packages on support site