DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  RBM monitor script always say '1042: Execution timed out...'

Posted Nov 10, 2014 09:25 AM

I recorded a script using 'CA Cloud Monitor Recorder' which involves sequence of page loads and user interactions. Basically user has to go through sequence of pages and clicks/form filling to login to an application.The script works perfectly fine when played back(any number of times) in CA Cloud Monitor Record. Overall, the whole transaction can take somewhere between 30-40 seconds.Please note that I have also introduced static timers in-between the page loads.

When the script is uploaded in CA Cloud Monitor to create RBM monitor, it always throws the below error irrespective of the timeout value configured. Configured the maximum timeout value of 90s but still no luck.

'The monitor seems to return an error. We suggest you close this dialog and configure the monitor correctly. Alternatively, you can test again or ignore the error and continue anyway.'

1042: Execution timed out after XX

When I checked under waterfall, noticed that there are few http requests to unvailable resource(basically .ico file) where it was waiting for quite some time ( > 20 s) even though server returns 500 Internal Server Error. Can this add to the error thrown? Or is it because the transaction itself is longer?

Detailed analysis at CA APM Cloud Monitor website monitoring service - Detailed analysis. Please note that it just loaded 3 pages but there are more pages which were not loaded due to timeout!

Thank you for your help.

• 2.  Re: RBM monitor script always say '1042: Execution timed out...'

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 10, 2014 03:25 PM

Not sure if this is applicable for you. However, if you have any timers in your script, try removing them. Cloud Monitor will insert these into the script as needed when you upload the script to the site.

• 3.  Re: RBM monitor script always say '1042: Execution timed out...'

Posted Nov 14, 2014 01:50 AM

Thank you for the suggestion. I removed the timers from script, it was faster and didn't timeout most of the time(sometimes it timed out) however, the flow wasn't consistent. Several times it failed with errors saying it cannot find the relevant elements in page! I believe it dépends on the page load and server response time.

thanks,

-Chandru