DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Multiple Instances of Application Metrics are Showing After implementation of .Net agent

Posted Apr 01, 2016 05:38 AM

Hi Team. Please guide on the thr issue of showing multiple instances of application.

If someone has faced same issue . Kindly share your experience.

A case with CA Support is already opened.

Impact On Introscope Configuration

• When mapping of metrics is done with dashboard, alerts, actions & others , it will be inactive due to multiple instances.

• As a result , any alerts , actions, dashboard, reports will be unable to generate.

• 2.  Re: Multiple Instances of Application Metrics are Showing After implementation of .Net agent

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 01, 2016 06:59 AM

Hi AnuRanjan:

I understand a case is on this so that should be teh point of focus. But it would helpful  to know

- Did this set up ever work or is this a new issue?

- Is there any clue in the logs on what is going on

- Is this a physical pt virtual .Net agent?

- What APM release are you sing?

Thanks

Hal German

• 3.  Re: Multiple Instances of Application Metrics are Showing After implementation of .Net agent

Posted Apr 01, 2016 08:55 AM

Hi Hal,

- Apm version is 10.0

- This is new issue which we are facing.

- Yes this is a virtual .Net Agent.

AnuRanjan Kumar

• 4.  Re: Multiple Instances of Application Metrics are Showing After implementation of .Net agent
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 03, 2016 05:14 PM

I am working on the case with puran02

• With default auto-naming enabled in agent profile (introscope.agent.agentAutoNamingEnabled=true), from the agent logs we can see the same Application Name coming out of IIS for different applications.
    • That results in the EM adding the precent suffix to the name to maintain agent name uniqueness.
    • At the moment it points to something specific with the IIS app config or perhaps the virtual setup.

This problem is best worked via the case & I will post the resolution here once determined

• 5.  Re: Multiple Instances of Application Metrics are Showing After implementation of .Net agent

Posted Apr 04, 2016 02:43 AM

Thanks Lynn for quick reply, thanks a lot.

• 6.  Re: Multiple Instances of Application Metrics are Showing After implementation of .Net agent

Posted Nov 04, 2016 04:54 AM

Hi,

Is this issue resolved? I am also facing same kind of issue for SMM 12.0.4 on IIS. attached the screenshot.

Multiple Server names showing up under "Web Agents" though we have SMM on single server,it should be single server.

We have SMM r12.0.4

SiteMinder Web Agent for IIS 7.5

Regards,

Rikash

• 7.  Re: Multiple Instances of Application Metrics are Showing After implementation of .Net agent

• 8.  Re: Multiple Instances of Application Metrics are Showing After implementation of .Net agent

Posted Nov 04, 2016 08:38 AM

Hi Yanna,

Yes, i followed those KB, it does not help.

We are using APM 9.7.

I have raised ca case on this as well.

Regards,

Rikash

• 9.  Re: Multiple Instances of Application Metrics are Showing After implementation of .Net agent

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 04, 2016 09:16 AM

Hi Rikash:

I see that you opened a case. Please post any resolutions/conclusions to help future customers having this issue.

Thanks

Hal German