DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Anyone with experience using with JIRA / Confluence

Posted Mar 31, 2016 08:41 AM

When putting the java options into the tomcat options in the application it fails to run.

-javaagent:/root/Introscope10.1.0.15/wily/Agent.jar -Dcom.wily.introscope.agentProfile=/root/Introscope10.1.0.15/wily/core/config/IntroscopeAgent.profile -XX:-UseSplitVerifier

I believe -XX:-UseSplitVerifier is no longer needed.

Does anyone have any information about installing with either of these applications?

Any help will be appreciated.

Colm

• 2.  Re: Anyone with experience using with JIRA / Confluence

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 01, 2016 07:00 AM

Hi Colm:

If you do not receive a response on this online, please open the case to pursue

Thanks

Hal German

• 3.  Re: Anyone with experience using with JIRA / Confluence

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 01, 2016 08:18 AM

Hello Colm,

Several issues that have been reported when configuring the agent with confluence and JIRA.

For Confluence, I suggest you to try the below settings:

CATALINA_OPTS="-javaagent:<wily_home>/Agent.jar ${CATALINA_OPTS}"

CATALINA_OPTS="-Dcom.wily.introscope.agentProfile=<wily_home>/core/config/IntroscopeAgent.profile ${CATALINA_OPTS}"

CATALINA_OPTS="-Datlassian.org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation=com.wily,com.wily.*,sun.*,org.w3c.*,org.xml.sax.*,org.apache.xerces.*,com.sun.org.apache.xalan.*, org.apache.xml,org.apache.xml.*,javax.xml,javax.xml.*,com.sun,com.sun.*org.apache.xalan,org.apache.xalan.* ${CATALINA_OPTS}"

CATALINA_OPTS="-Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl ${CATALINA_OPTS}"

CATALINA_OPTS="-Djavax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory=org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl ${CATALINA_OPTS}"

For JIRA, you can try a similiar set of settings, it should work most of the time, but you see exception when using for example the JIRA Configuration Manager (xml import).

There is an enhancement request to have APM supported with all Attlassian products: https://communities.ca.com/ideas/235729743

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Sergio

• 4.  Re: Anyone with experience using with JIRA / Confluence

Posted Apr 06, 2016 05:59 AM

Hi thanks for your help so far.

Both applications are now booting with these new CATALINA_OPTS.

I cannot however see either application on the APM WebView.

I believe I have the profile setup correctly with the URL and port.

Does anyone have any resoning for this?

Thanks,

Colm McGrath

• 5.  Re: Anyone with experience using with JIRA / Confluence

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 06, 2016 07:04 AM

Hi Colm,

Are you talking about the application frontends? Do you see at least the servername?

Open the agent logs, check if you see the agent is connecting to the EM

Also, check in the status console, maybe the agent is being denied (you would need to update the LB xml) or maybe a clamp has been reached (you would need to update apm-events-thresholds-config.xml)

If you still cannot identiy the root cause I suggest you to open a support case.

Regards,

Sergio