Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Currency error - TRL

• 1.  Currency error - TRL

Posted May 11, 2015 09:44 AM

Hi All,

Have you ever met with this error?

TRL_currency_error.JPG

We cannot create project with TRL (Turkish Lyra) currency. I remember I had similar problem with MXN (Mexico) currency in Cost plans and we've found it was a bug in Clarity.

I'd like to note that we have everything set as should like for all other currencies. It means: OBS, Departments, Locations, Entities, Currencies, Exchange rates... .all are in.

But still this error appears. I've checked this in Clarity sandbox (https://cppm1109-test.ondemand.ca.com/) and there is pretty the same error "INV-0008" when tried to change currency (under FInancials) from USD to TRL. But I assume it's due to fact there is only USD currency set up. However in our Clarity there is also TRL currency set up but this error comes.

I'd like to point also the second note. This error happens only when creating project via "New from template". When creating over only "New", everything is OK. Only difference between those 2 ways is in these 2 fields (means creating via "New from Template" have these fields - IT'S NOT working. Creating via "New" button does't have those fields - IT'S working).

Different_fields.JPG

Do you have any ideas? Your help is very appreciated. Thanks!

Matej

• 2.  Re: Currency error - TRL

Posted May 11, 2015 11:15 AM

Hi All,

I've found out what is the root-cause, but cannot change Exchange rate. I've found that another currency is working in PROD system and in DEV not.

Comparing both currencies I've found out that when Exchange rates are set to start in 2008 or 2009, it's working. So I've tried to set TRL currency to start from year 2008 or 2009 - Exchange rate. However I've got an error. Do you know how this could be changed or deleted? Because there is no delete option. Through Database or....? Many thanks

Exchange_rate.JPG

Exchange_rate_change.JPG

Thanks

Matej

• 3.  Re: Currency error - TRL

Posted May 12, 2015 01:56 AM

Hello Matej,

It looks like there is a row existing for that period. The list you are seeing are only for current period. Can you see all records there by unchecking the option 'show current rate only' and see if you already have a record for 2009?

Regards

Chandrani

• 4.  Re: Currency error - TRL

Posted May 12, 2015 03:00 AM

Hi Chandrani,

Thanks, that's it.

Currencies.JPG

However, now I cannot change it so my issue is still there. Any ideas? Before I thought I can change it and everything will be fine but now... It cannot be. Thanks

Matej

• 5.  Re: Currency error - TRL

Posted May 12, 2015 03:09 AM

Can you create a new row changing the effective date ?

NJ

• 6.  Re: Currency error - TRL

Posted May 12, 2015 03:36 AM

Hi Navzjoshi,

New row I can create but I assume it will not help. Now it's the question why all old currencies are working fine with the same old exchange rates, for example AED currency is the same as TRL, but working:

Currencies2.JPG

• 7.  Re: Currency error - TRL

Posted May 12, 2015 03:43 AM

Hi Matej,

Can you please send a screenshot of all the records of exchange rate type 'Average' from TRL to EUR and EUR to TRL?

Regards

Chandrani

• 8.  Re: Currency error - TRL

Posted May 12, 2015 07:47 AM

Hi Chandrani,

Here you are  (As I've added new records for year 2000, there are 2 records for Average type...):

Currencies4.jpg

Matej

• 9.  Re: Currency error - TRL

Posted May 12, 2015 07:54 AM

Hi Matej,

Thank you. I have asked for this, very long time back before you could find the solution but it did not get posted for almost 4 hours due to some technical issues. Meantime, I think your issue got resolved with almost the same thing being followed. I am glad that its resolved. Sorry for the delay.

Regards

Chandrani

• 10.  Re: Currency error - TRL

Posted May 12, 2015 04:12 AM
      |   view attached

I guess, the answer is the attached

NJ

• 11.  Re: Currency error - TRL
    Best Answer

Posted May 12, 2015 05:02 AM

Hi Navzjoshi,

This TEC I've seen before posting this thread. I've everything from Entities, OBS, Departmens, Excnahge rates and so on as I've mentioned before.

But, nevertheless, I've managed it by myself.

We had this kind of issue a year ago. I’ve found conversation between me and CA and the result was It’s a bug in Clarity 12.1 (before we had this version).

CA said In Clarity ver. 13.1 and higher it should have been fixed. But it seems it is not. Before the concerned currencies were ROL and BYR. I've tried to create also new rpoject with those currencies and the same error appeared. I’ve also noted before a year that some other currencies caused this error as well and between them was also TRL currency.

So the root-cause why it’s not working is missing 2 exchange rates for year 2000. When I’ve added them for TRL currency, project could be created successfully.

Currencies3.JPG

One have to be added for Fixed type and one for Average. And I assume also in reverse so EUR -> TRL and TRL -> EUR conversion.

(Admin -> Finance -> Setup -> Foreign Exchange Rates … Search for TRL and reverse also)

On the question why, I assume there is some logic behind when these conversion rates need to start in year 2000….I guess

Hope this helps.

Matej

• 12.  Re: Currency error - TRL

Posted May 12, 2015 05:16 AM

When you say, there was a bug, do you mean the below ?

CLRT-16632 (S3) - Customisation to insert currency and countries

Synopsis:
    Symptom:
    Country and Currency codes are not current and up to date .

TRY - New Turkish Lira (Existing currency in clarity - TRL has been changed to TRY, as per new ISO standards) MZN - New Mozambique Metical (Existing currency in clarity - MZM has been changed to MZN, as per new ISO standards) RON - New Leu (Existing currency in clarity - ROL changed to RON) RSD - Serbian Dinar RUB - Russian Ruble(RUR has been changed to
    RUB) VEF - New Bolivar currency (Existing currency in clarity - VEB changed to VEF)

and the following country is missing

RS - Serbia

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Select lookup for Country and/or Currency in Clarity

Expected:
    Expected: Listing to be complete

Actual: Actual: The following currencies were missing/incomplete in Clarity:

NJ

• 13.  Re: Currency error - TRL

Posted May 12, 2015 05:24 AM

Hi Navzjoshi,

Maybe, as I said, it was a bug in Clarity 12.1 which was declared by CA. Precisely number of CLRT I didn't know.

Matej

• 14.  Re: Currency error - TRL

Posted Nov 13, 2015 07:32 AM

The same error you can have on single currency environment ...

Solution:

Fill Billing Currency and Currency on settings subpage (currency is not in view in default) - for sure its good to set attribute default in single currency env.

Vit