DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Ideas on how to suppress windows services alarm during reboot

Posted Oct 29, 2009 07:52 PM
    I'm a newbie to this software.  My problem is there are servers responsible for printing books and the systems reboot frequently.   This results in services down alarms which obviously are down as the reboot is occurring .  The goal is to suppress the alarms if the service continues to be down.  The properties on the ntservices probe is set to check interval at 1200 seconds.  This has reduced the number of alarms/tickets generated, but it continues to be disruptive to the on-call person.  I have approximately 1600 servers being monitored.

Please share your ideas on how you have solved/addressed this issue? 

Kind Regards,
    Penny

• 2.  Ideas on how to suppress windows services alarm during reboot

Posted Oct 29, 2009 10:05 PM
    There is a setting in the ntservices probe (under 'Properties') that says:
    'Initial startup delay before monitoring starts'

We have ours set to 120, so it doesn't starting monitoring the services until 2 minutes after a reboot.  That's usually enough time for all the automatic services to start on their own.

Hope that helps.

• 3.  Ideas on how to suppress windows services alarm during reboot

Posted Oct 30, 2009 10:19 PM
    We have our set to 600 and are still generating alarms, hence, tickets in HPSM are being opened.  Over time, I've slowly upped the value and still run into the issue.

• 4.  Ideas on how to suppress windows services alarm during reboot

Posted Oct 31, 2009 05:44 AM
    So it is normal for your servers to take over 10 minutes to start certain services after the boot up?  That seems like a very long time...  Any idea why they take so long?