DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Integrate Nimsoft and SCOM within Nimsoft Portal

Posted Nov 17, 2010 07:09 PM

Is there any way to do this? I'm looking to be able to log into the Nimsoft portal, but be able to access data created by SCOM, without having to log into another web interface. I know that I could create a new portlet, and view the data that way, but I was looking for smoother integration. Any thoughts?

• 2.  Re: Integrate Nimsoft and SCOM within Nimsoft Portal

Posted Nov 17, 2010 08:52 PM

Theoretically I think you could define the SCOM database in the dap probe and then build queries for it using the dashboard designer. I have never tried anything like this myself though. Otherwise maybe you can get any data you want from SCOM into the NiS databsae and then query it there using the dashboard designer.

Sorry I don't have any more specific ideas or instructions, but maybe someone else has tried tying in information from external databases/applications like this.

-Keith

• 3.  Re: Integrate Nimsoft and SCOM within Nimsoft Portal

Posted Nov 18, 2010 03:19 AM

Keith is correct that is probably the best we use the dap probe to access our cp database.  We also built a bunch of reports in Unifed Reporter which can talk to and configured db as well and displayed that in UMP as well.